Primary Electric Underground Line Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Perform all types of work involved with the installation, operation, rearrangement, maintenance, removal, and inspection of primary underground distribution systems.
- Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance, or repair work of energized or de-energize underground work.
- Locate and correct issues using cable-locating and fault-finding equipment.
- Install and maintain multiple street light circuits.
- Operate various types of line vehicles and equipment such as bucket trucks and man lifts.
- Reading and interpreting underground and overhead prints.
- Inspects lines, poles, and equipment for signs of damage or wear and reports deficiencies.
- Requires a certificate or verification of completion of an industry recognized or accredited Journeyman Lineman Course or Training Program.
- AP&L retains the right to assess and verify journeyman level experience installing and maintaining underground/overhead.
- Requires valid driver’s license and safe/clean driving record.
- CDL is not required but considered advantageous.
- Required to pass a background check and drug testing programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform the Essential Duties.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions in English.
Competitive salary plus benefits.
*Salary is based on experience*
Job Type: Full-time
American Power & Light
ManufacturingView all jobs at American Power & Light