- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Mechanic Helper is responsible for operating a forklift to move and stage equipment to be tested, shipped, or received. They will assist in the repairs, testing of, and preparation of equipment to be shipped out to customers after completion for sales, rentals, customer repairs. Will be required to work in the elements for long periods of time.
Mechanic Helper Responsibilities:
- Pressure Wash Equipment, Sand and Prep equipment for Painting, and Paint Equipment.
- Assist all Service Technicians (learning how to service/repair/maintain equipment).
- Using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Complete daily reports with legible handwriting and accuracy.
- Maintain a clean yard and shop of trash and debris.
- Change Large Hydraulic hoses as needed.
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform various tasks assigned by Shop Manager, Yard Foremen or Branch Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to sit, lift, bend, climb and crouch.
- Must be able to lift and/or transport 75+ pounds.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Capable of troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to work well independently and with others.
- Experience in basic mechanic knowledge.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions: Outdoors. Exposure to various weather conditions, dust, fumes, and hazardous materials such as solvents, adhesives, paints, and other chemicals.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Piledriving Equipment
50 Gerber Industrial Dr.City of Saint Peters, MO
AutomotiveView all jobs at American Piledriving Equipment