Sr. Manager, Awards, Elections & Fellows
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Senior Manager, Awards, Elections, and Fellows
The American Pharmacists Association is the largest association of pharmacists in the United States and is the only organization advancing the entire pharmacy profession.
Our expert staff, and strong volunteer leadership, including many experienced pharmacists, allow us to deliver vital leadership to help pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians find success and satisfaction in their work while advocating for changes that benefit them and their patients. From our headquarters in Washington, D.C., APhA prepares members to thrive at every career stage and in every pharmacy setting with world-class continuing education, transformative events, unique practice tools, and timely solutions to complex challenges. We are committed to helping them deliver outstanding patient care, receive due recognition, and work at a full scope of practice. Pharmacists play a critical role in helping patients overcome illness and live healthier lives through chronic disease management and the fully effective use of their medicines. APhA advocates at the national level to give pharmacists a voice in decisions that affect their future while promoting their undeniable value to health care teams. Our goal is to facilitate pharmacists’ delivery of the highest quality patient-centered care.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
Care- We strive to produce meaningful products and services in the spirit of trust and partnership throughout the organization. To achieve success, we are flexible, adaptable, open-minded, cooperative, and inclusive.
Accountability- We strive to meet the highest standards of ethical behavior. Equity, integrity, transparency, and personal responsibility drive everything we do. We are good stewards of organizational and human resources, and we are champions for our members and colleagues.
Respect- We are committed to seeking to understand others’ perspectives and appreciating our differences; treating others with consideration, thoughtfulness, and empathy; recognizing, acknowledging, and supporting each other; being fair to and supportive of our colleagues; attentively listening, and communicating tactfully and sensitively.
Excellence- We strive to deliver high-quality, innovative, and best-in-class products and services that offer high value to members and stakeholders. We embrace a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Senior Manager, Awards, Elections, and Fellows, you will:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the APhA Awards and Honors Program including pharmacist, new practitioner, scientist/researcher, pharmacy technician, and student pharmacist recognition activities.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the APhA Election Program for all pharmacist, new practitioner, scientist/researcher, pharmacy technician, and student pharmacist leaders and volunteers.
- Plan, develop, and implement programming for APhA Fellows.
- Collaborate with the internal departments to develop communication pathways that enhance member engagement and promote the APhA’s Awards, Elections, and Fellows’ programs.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the APhA Awards, Elections, and Fellows’ programs in collaboration with Executive Office and Membership Department team members.
- Collaborate with the APhA business development, government affairs, meetings, member relations, practice, student and new practitioner development, and other internal departments to improve APhA’s awards, elections, and Fellows-related programming.
- Represent APhA and plan membership engagement activities and programming at various conferences, meetings, and networking events.
- Additional responsibilities as appropriate.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
APhA may be the right fit for you if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, project management, organizational management, or other relevant field experience.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in an association project management position with demonstrated success as it relates to member engagement and marketing.
- You have a passion for working with healthcare providers.
- You are organized with strong project management skills.
- You have strong data analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have strong creative writing and marketing skills.
- You have demonstrable experience managing social media, and/or communications.
- You have experience in development and management of budgets.
- You have solid knowledge of website analytics tools and resources.
- You have experience with association and customer relationship management systems.
- You are able to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively with volunteers to convene meetings and facilitate training/discussion that ensures member engagement.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, a positive member-service philosophy and professional demeanor.
- You are able to travel as appropriate to execute duties of the position including the APhA Annual Meeting and Exposition and other meetings as appropriate.
LOCATION: Washington DC – Hybrid, two days a week in the office (Tuesday & Thursday)
MORE ABOUT US
APhA offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program that includes:
- A salary of $65,000 - $75,000 that consummate with experience
- Three Medical Plans (HSA & POS Plan Options Available)
- Free Basic Dental Plan (Employee Coverage Only)
- A Vision plan for as little as $15 per month (All coverage levels)
- Free Life, AD&D and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Contributions towards your HSA Account (HSA Health Plans Only)- $750/employee coverage and $1,500/family coverage
- Traditional & Roth 401(K) plans with a 100% match (up to the first 5%) after your first year of service and;
- A host of other benefits (Paid-Time off, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Support and much more!
APhA does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
American Pharmacists AssocWashington, DC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.