Board of Pharmacy Specialties
The American Pharmacists Association is the largest association of pharmacists in the United States and is the only organization advancing the entire pharmacy profession.
Our expert staff, and strong volunteer leadership, including many experienced pharmacists, allow us to deliver vital leadership to help pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians find success and satisfaction in their work while advocating for changes that benefit them and their patients. From our headquarters in Washington, D.C., APhA prepares members to thrive at every career stage and in every pharmacy setting with world-class continuing education, transformative events, unique practice tools, and timely solutions to complex challenges. We’re committed to helping them deliver outstanding patient care, receive due recognition, and work at a full scope of practice. Pharmacists play a critical role in helping patients overcome illness and live healthier lives through chronic disease management and the fully effective use of their medicines. APhA advocates at the national level to give pharmacists a voice in decisions that affect their future while promoting their undeniable value to health care teams. Our goal is to facilitate pharmacists’ delivery of the highest quality patient-centered care.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
Collaboration- We strive to produce meaningful products and services in the spirit of trust and partnership throughout the organization. To achieve success, we are flexible, adaptable, open-minded, cooperative, and inclusive.
Accountability- We strive to meet the highest standards of ethical behavior. Equity, integrity, transparency, and personal responsibility drive everything we do. We are good stewards of organizational and human resources, and we are champions for our members and colleagues.
Respect- We are committed to seeking to understand others’ perspectives and appreciating our differences; treating others with consideration, thoughtfulness, and empathy; recognizing, acknowledging, and supporting each other; being fair to and supportive of our colleagues; attentively listening, and communicating tactfully and sensitively.
Excellence- We strive to deliver high-quality, innovative, and best-in-class products and services that offer high value to members and stakeholders. We embrace a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
The Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) was established in 1976 as an autonomous division of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA). The mission of BPS is to improve patient care by positioning BPS Board-Certified Pharmacist Specialists as integral members of interprofessional healthcare teams, through recognition and promotion of specialized training, knowledge, and skills for pharmacists in the United States and internationally. Board certification is a recognized credential for determining which pharmacists are qualified to contribute at advanced practice levels given the rigorous standards mandated by BPS board certification and recertification. BPS currently recognizes more than 54,400 active pharmacist certifications across 14 specialties.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage multiple item banks using standard industry item bank software throughout the item development cycle
- Conduct review and edit of items, ensuring that content fits and fulfills approved test blueprint and is consistent with psychometric standards, BPS standards, American English standards of grammar and spelling, and style guides
- Manage multiple panels of volunteer subject matter experts in development of objective test items in multiple formats
- Create and update item bank inventory to track bank health and identify areas of relative deficit
- Create and maintain item style guides
- Coordinate the identification, approval, and listing of references and resource materials
- Conduct item review and bank maintenance meetings with subject matter experts
- Maintain the security of the item bank, exam content, and confidential candidate information
- Assemble examination forms according to test blueprint and statistical equating requirements
- Prepare examinations for publication with external test delivery service provider
- Conduct quality assurance on examinations to be published and support exam publication efforts
- Conduct standard setting study with subject matter experts to assist in the establishment of the passing standard for examinations
- Collaborate with psychometricians to update item bank with changes to item statistics, status, and other metadata
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with subject matter experts
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and tracking of project plans for the development of examination items, assembly of examinations, publication of examinations, and scoring
- Monitor the progress of examination development projects and ensure BPS standards and specifications are met
- Facilitate online and in-person exam development meetings with subject matter experts
- Provide training and support to multiple groups of item writers and manage item writing efforts
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree in a related field is preferred
- 2 years of previous exam development experience required
- Experience with item banking software or other databases strongly preferred
- Experience managing subject matter experts and other contributors strongly preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Other Qualifications
- Proficiency with productivity tools and software (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to travel within United States up to 15% of the time
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage own schedule, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects and workflows
MORE ABOUT US
APhA offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program that includes:
- A salary of $75,000-$85,000
- Three Medical Plans (HSA & POS Plan Options Available)
- Free Basic Dental Plan (Employee Coverage Only)
- A Vision plan for as little as $15 per month (All coverage levels)
- Free Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Contributions towards your HSA Account (HSA Health Plans Only)- $750/employee coverage and $1,500/family coverage
- Traditional & Roth 401(K) plans with a 100% match (up to the first 5%) as of your first day of employment
- A host of other benefits (Paid-Time off, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Support, and more)
APhA does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
American Pharmacists AssocWashington, DC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.