Quality Control Specialist - Pest Control
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you're looking to take on a new challenge while making a difference in the health and well-being of your community, American Pest might be the place for you! Ensuring the quality of our technicians work is of paramount importance, and that's where you'd come in as a QC Specialist - supporting our technicians in Government, Commercial, and Residential accounts.
We offer a stable career opportunity that provides flexibility, a fast-paced working environment, freedom to work in the field, and the ability to help others. We offer competitive earnings, paid training, and the opportunity for a long-term career.
We are also offering a retention bonus of up to $3,000 (based on experience) paid throughout the first year of employment!
If that sounds like a good fit for you, let's talk!
Due to the District of Columbia COVID-19 vaccine requirement for entrance into public gathering places, all members of our QC team, including new candidates for the position, must be fully vaccinated by 2/15/22 (receiving the first shot no later 1/15/22). Candidates must be able to provide documentation to Human Resources upon hire.
American Pest is proud to offer our employees a host of outstanding benefits!
What You'll Get... We want to help our employees build not just a great career, but a great future. When you put your skills to work with American Pest, you'll have access to these great benefits!
Health and Well-being:
- Cigna medical insurance plan options to fit your individual needs including EPO & PPO
- Prescription drug program
- Dental & Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses
- Health Savings Plans (HSA) available with qualified plans for medical expenses
- Free local gym membership
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) Savings Plans (Traditional & Roth)
- Life insurance, 100% company paid (with options to buy up)
- Long and short-term disability, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity insurance options
- Full time, year-round employment
- 30-Day paid training and in-depth orientation
- A highly experienced team of professionals to work with including several PhD Entomologists, Board Certified Entomologists, and Associate Certified Entomologists
- A take home company vehicle for field positions
- Paid time off including eight paid holidays, including your Birthday!
- A peer-to-peer employee recognition program
- Prizes, giveaways, and advancement opportunities
What You'll Do... As a Quality Control Specialist with American Pest you'd be responsible for evaluating the performance of our Service Technicians in the field, auditing their day-to-day completed service tickets, and contributing to their training and professional development. Additionally, you'd provide safe and effective pest management solutions to evaluate new and existing customers' needs, maximize required performance for SQF audits for food processing and handling facilities, keep records of quality control audits for government and commercial third party audited accounts, and submit reports to management as required. The bottom line is, you would help ensure the delivery to stellar customer service to our customers.
Who You Are... So, what does it take to be a successful QC Specialist at American Pest? For starters, you'll have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a pest control technician. You'll also have...
- Current and valid state issued pest control registrations/licenses/certifications
- The ability to complete required NPMA Pest Management Standards for Food Processing & Handling Facilities
- The ability to safely move about customer locations, ascend/descend stairs and ladders to service out of the way areas, and position self to conduct service under/around furniture, equipment, and tight spaces
- The ability to safely move items and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Technical proficiency with computers, smart phones, PestPac, etc.
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- The ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid attention to detail and experience with following Commercial Service Protocols
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. with occasional exceptions)
- Availability to work some weekends and evenings for on-call support - schedule can be flexible to work remotely for administrative tasks and/or travel long distances to meet with clients within our service area
- High school degree or equivalent
Who We Are... Founded in 1925, American Pest is a fun and energetic mid-size company located in the newly-developed community of Maple Lawn, in Fulton, Maryland (Howard County). We are a great company with a modern, attractive office with access to the latest technology. Within the last four years, we've nearly trippled in size and currently employ over 400 employees with several remote workers from Tampa, Florida to Chicago, IL! Being part of American Pest means doing your best, every single day, to effect positive change for our customer and our community.
American Pest is part of Anticimex, a global pest control organization with a mission of being the leader in modern pest management. Our company culture embraces communication and teamwork, dependability, innovation, growth, technology, and integrity as we strive to become the global leader in pest control.
Our Hiring Process... Knowing what to expect when job hunting is always a welcome relief. Our process for this position includes the following steps:
- Application submission
- Complete pre-employment assessments and a phone interview
- Schedule an interview and complete our applicant survey
- Interview in person at one of our three office locations in Fulton MD, Fairfax VA, Richmond VA, or Charlottesville VA (travel expenses covered for applicants outside our metro area)
- Emailed offer letter, which is contingent on steps 6 and 7, tentative start date set
- Criminal background check and drug screening
- Reference checks
- Official start date confirmed
Upon successful completion of training, pest technicians will receive their own company vehicle with gas card for all work-related driving. Technicians will also be scheduled routes in accordance to their location of residence to reduce drive time and be as efficient as possible. American Pest is a virtually paperless company - our technicians do not need to constantly drive to and from the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC
American Pest is a Drug-Free Workplace
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Real EstateView all jobs at American Pest