Health and Physical education
- Posted: over a month ago
American Paradigm Schools
8101 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152
Discovering Excellence Through Cultivating Differences
American Paradigm Schools are dedicated to equity and excellence for all learners, while celebrating the uniqueness of our communities. Our values drive our dedication to providing a world class education.
Position: Health and Physical Education Teacher
Position type: Full Time
Position location (School): Lindley Academy
Reports to: Principal
Employment status: Exempt
Employment duration: 10 Months
The teacher is responsible for creating resources for our curriculum and aligning our curriculum with the PSSA Assessment Anchors. A teacher also works as part of a grade level team to coordinate school wide efforts in order to meet the goals of the school in service to the scholars.
- Plans and Implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Plans and leads lessons that are based in physical fitness, rhythm and dance, individual and team sports
- Incorporates values of cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship in the gym classroom
- Exhibit strong classroom management with a focus on student ownership, teamwork, and positive classroom environment
- Measures growth and progress towards state standards
- Provides ample opportunities for regular physical activity and movement
- Encourages and focuses on growth
- Promotes a physically active lifestyle
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer and Personal Service
- Education and Training
- Computers and Electronics
- Public Safety and Security
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Social Perceptiveness
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Systems Analysis and evaluation
- Google Suite for Education
- Student Information System
- Student Intervention Programs
- Document Camera
- Projector, laptop, copier
Education and certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- PA Certification
- Lifting 20-25 Lbs.
- Moving Up and Down from a seated position
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students' sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students' social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program.
American Paradigm Schools
EducationView all jobs at American Paradigm Schools
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?