Class A CDL Local Truck Driver
American Paper & Twine Little Rock, AR
- Expired: September 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The American Paper & Twine Team is looking for an experienced Class A CDL Local Truck Driver for our Little Rock, AR operation. Our drivers are an important part of the AP&T team. As a multi-generation family-owned company, our drivers are offered many perks that reflect our people-first values. Our drivers enjoy consistent daytime working hours, company-provided uniforms, competitive hourly wages, performance bonus opportunities, and safe working conditions in our nearly new company-owned trucks.
Working hours are Monday-Friday from 630AM-3PM with no night or weekend commitments.
Starting rates up to $18/hour, based on experience. Paid weekly a guarantee of 40 hours.
**SIGN-ON BONUS OF $500 FOR QUALIFIED DRIVERS** (half paid at 90 days and remaining paid at 180 days)
• Deliver janitorial, packaging, disposable food service, and office products to local customers daily.
• Interact with customers to obtain payments, signatures, and returned goods by verifying item count and providing receipts.
• Keep daily driving records of mileage and pre & post trip inspections.
• Perform vehicle inspection and maintenance morning and afternoon.
• Obtain special delivery instructions and other information requested by customers.
• Convey customer needs to Driver Supervisor and routing personnel.
• Ensure all returned goods and paperwork, (packing lists and return goods authorization forms) are given to Shipping Supervisor.
• Communicate with customers via phone or in person.. Requirements:
Job Skills & Requirements:
• Delivery Driver Experience Required
• Have a valid class A license.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Possess a clean MVR and criminal background.
• Must be able to pass and maintain valid DOT physical, including random drug screens.
• Ability to operate electric pallet jack and complete certification.
• Ability to complete Hazmat certifications.
• Conform to DOT regulations.
• Ability to use a tablet and other electronic devices pertinent to the job.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to stand and move around during shifts. Must be flexible enough to walk, twist, bend, stoop, pull, grip, and lift merchandise.
• Ability to pull up to 2200 lbs. using a pallet jack and pull or push up to 200 lbs. using a two-wheeler.
•Paid weekly at a guarantee of 40 hours.
•Performance bonuses & incentives, including pallet bonus program ($2 per pallet buyback).
•96% health insurance premiums paid by AP&T.
•Above market $1000 HSA contribution and up to $1000 401k yearly matching.
•PTO accrual starting on first day of employment.
•14 PTO days + 7 paid holidays.
•Employer paid life insurance.
•Employee discounts on AP&T products.
•Company provided uniforms.
About the Company:
American Paper and Twine (APT), founded in 1926, is a 3rd generation family owned and operated wholesale distributor of janitorial/sanitation products, packaging supplies, foodservice disposables, and office products. We service a wide array of industries including: Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Distribution, Food Service Processing, Government, Restaurant, Catering, and General Offices. Our product breadth and best in class customer service differentiates us from our competitors and allows us to market ourselves as a one stop shop to businesses large and small. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we have additional distribution facilities in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, Little Rock, Atlanta and Muscle Shoals.
APT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Drug Free workplace (DFW). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
American Paper & Twine
AddressLittle Rock, AR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at American Paper & Twine