Are You a Detail-Oriented Team-Player?
Would You Like a Relaxed Yet Productive Workplace That Puts People First?
Looking for a Steady Schedule within a Collaborative Company Which Trusts & Supports Our Coworkers?
Immediate full-time opening. American Painting and Decorating (Limerick, PA), an established and growing painting contractor is now accepting applications for a responsible, systematic, meticulous individual to join our team. You will be working within a driven, quality-oriented team.
The Inside Painting Estimator is a critical part of our company, so it’s important that the person we choose will be a “fit” to our commitments and shared values. If you or someone you know values traditions, principles, and wants to be rewarded for your investment of time, energy and continued knowledge, please read on or share this.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Since 1998, American Painting and Decorating have provided high quality painting, finishing and specialty services for commercial contractors throughout Eastern PA. Our continued growth is achieved through our mission of operating for a fair profit while enhancing the lives of our family, employees and communities. Contractors, Facilities Managers, and Developers appreciate the quality and value that our great staff provides in a timely, and clean manner. Investing in good, conscientious people who take pride in our craft and stand behind their commitments has been the key to our sustaining growth.
ABOUT THE JOB - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimating: Screen incoming bid request to make sure estimating time is spent on qualified leads; Make personal contact with all customers/contractors for each and every bid; Prepare an accurate and complete scope of work based on blueprints and site verifications; Present bid on time with a phone and letter follow up or occasional personal visit, when necessary; Follow up on all bids submitted for bid results; Coordinate costs with vendors and sub-contractors to prepare accurate estimates; Coordinate and prepare Change Orders when work scope changes or additions are requested; Track and reach monthly quotas set by the company; Discuss projects, request information, ask questions from clients, architects, contractors, and others when scope is unclear; Foresee potential project issues and overcome them by gaining clarity and coordinating solutions; Develop and maintain relationships with vendors in order to spec the appropriate solutions with accurate costs documented; Ensure all estimates are prepared to reach our targeted gross profit margins; Continually improve and learn better ways to estimate and uphold industry standards
- Internal Support: Communicate to ensure smooth transition of work from estimating to production; Work collaboratively with field personnel and other staff to provide clarity and support for estimated work; Write clearly defined scope of work and estimate details for our production staff
- Administrative: Maintain, save, and follow through with accurate records according to our document storage policies and within acceptable timelines; Ensure all data and customer information is accurate and up-to-date in our computer systems; Infrequently assist with collection activities on past due accounts, when necessary; Assist with preparing various internal reports
- Lead Generation: Generate new leads by calling or sending correspondence to potential new customers; follow-up with past customers to ensure good relationships, discover if they have current/upcoming needs; Research new places to discover more and better opportunities and pursue them.
ABOUT YOU - TRAITS AND SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- You establish and maintain an organized workplace.
- You enjoy compiling, confirming and organizing information.
- You are assertive and have a "will to win" in dealing with highly competitive situations.
- You finish tasks despite challenges or resistance.
- You demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- You are answerable and accountable for your actions.
- You identify and prioritize activities that lead to a goal.
- You use logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives.
- 2+ years of estimating experience, preferably in the painting field
- Familiarity and skill with blueprint takeoffs, cost/profit estimating
- Familiarity with estimating software (previous use of Edge Software, CRM experience is helpful; MS Office experience required)
- Ability to pass illegal drug screening / background check
- 8-5, infrequent after-hours or weekend work, depending on client and company needs
- Most work from our office, occasional site visits, occasional flexibility to work from home
- 54-58K Annual salary with commission. First year expected income $80k+
- 401K with potential profit-sharing match up to 3% after first year
- Healthcare plan offered
To arrange a confidential interview, send your resume along with a cover letter explaining what you like about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org