Job Id: 1704 # of Openings: 1
To work in tandem with project managers and business team subject matter experts on assigned projects, in a tactically oriented function to help the company continue to scale up and grow. The Sr. BA consults with client business teams to identify technology requirements necessary to support business goals and objectives, solve business problems, or improve current process. The ideal candidate should be specifically seeking a smaller environment where they will impact the direction of the organization and be a key contributor to its overall success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the development of business requirements for technical solutions by acting as a liaison between the business users and various technology groups.
- Works closely with business managers to gain in-depth understanding of business issues.
- Identifies, analyzes, and translates business needs into functional specifications.
- Makes recommendations and proposes technical/non-technical solutions to solve business problems and meet business requirements.
- Designs, creates, and documents process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models for the development team using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, SharePoint, and other like tools.
- Creates and maintains IS Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Software Requirements Document (SRD) or other equivalent written documentation.
- Reviews business and system requirements with stakeholders and obtains approval signatures to proceed.
- Assesses business risk, potential severity, probability and strategy.
- Serves on assigned project s and delivers required artifacts on schedule.
- Enforces established documentation guidelines and best practices.
- Conducts root cause analysis and assesses risk and required escalation points.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improves systems and processes by studying current practices and suggesting modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Develops and performs system as well as user acceptance testing (UAT) and tracks results in a traceability matrix. Reports and assists in the management of defects, root cause analysis, and defect resolution.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- A minimum of 10 years of cumulative experience as a business analyst or 7 years of experience as a business analyst combined with 3 or more years of related experience in mortgage lending.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to analyze problems and work from issue identification through resolution quickly and methodically.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Candidate must be able to conduct needs assessments with clients to identify business and marketing requirements to translate into a business requirements document.
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC, including gathering requirements, creating user cases, workflow diagrams and documentation.
- Technical Documentation Methods and Procedures
- Ability to work effectively with multiple project deliverables of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with both business and technology staff; comfortable initiating conversations with non-technical peers within the organization, as well as the ability to translate business issues and requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC, including gathering requirements, creating user cases, workflow diagrams and documentation
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Other duties as assigned
- This person must live our culture every day! (Respect, Transparency, Scrappy)
- Experience in the mortgage or finance Industry (required), loan manufacturing process (strongly preferred).
- Has a good understanding of business issues and processes as well as IT resources and enabling technologies.
- Experience with the Encompass Loan Operating System or similar system.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced, high pressure, short notice environment.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or Experience.
- SharePoint Experience
- Experience with mobile app technology.
- Prior use of Encompass SDK, Reporting Database, third party integration A PLUS
- Any experience with SQL, database, HTML, ASP.NET, etc., is a plus.
- APMCares- Our charitable entity
- As we grow and our reputation spreads, we know there are opportunities to make more significant contributions to the communities in our footprint.
- APMCares was created to serve and support APM families in need and the causes we care about.
- Office of Diversity
- Increase APMs workforce diversity
- Increase the diversity of the communities we serve
American Pacific Mortgage Corporation