Graphic Designer II
American Outdoor Brands Columbia, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast.
To leverage our employees’ capabilities and experience to design, product, and market high quality, innovative firearms, accessories, and outdoor products that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Position Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Creative Manager, the Graphic Designer II will be responsible for concept, development, and production of product packaging, print ads, catalog layout, photography and other miscellaneous materials with very little direction from the Creative Manager. The Graphic Designer II will work hand and hand with the Brand Manager and Brand Engineer to withhold brand standards on projects. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and experience with understanding of the industry.
Education and Experience:
• Must have degree or 4 plus years of experience in graphic design in industry
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software
• Preferred degree in graphic design
• Preferred experience with outdoor industry
• Competent with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Content management
• Catalog design, layout and creation
Competencies and Skills:
• Product Photography, layout, composition, lighting
• Ability to manage many projects with hard deadlines
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
• Ability to research and compile information in to presentations form
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates the day-to-day design of graphic projects including: clipped images, logos, print, packaging design, new products guides, catalog layout/design and planograms to assure brand message is successful and the deadlines are met.
• Designs all print advertisements, e-mail marketing campaigns as well as digital display advertisements.
• Designs packaging and catalog creative projects from concept to completion.
• Coordinate and partner with external marketing partners such as Agencies, external partners, and customers' marketing departments to create new and different advertisements.
• Constructs, manages and executes assets and process for all planogram layouts.
• Identifies and creates the new assets needed for the catalog/packaging to maintain a fresh look and feel.
• Takes product photography shots, clips images and catalogs final images for future graphics assets.
• Ensures projects and programs are executed efficiently and planned out well in advance.
• Evaluates creative solutions for all image, advertisements, packaging and catalog related projects.
• Creates and oversees all brand standards and guidelines as set forth by the Creative Manager.
• Manages all product images and storage structure of graphics related to our product lines.
• Consistently look for ways to improve efficiency.
• Creates and manages computer generated image design projects to minimize cost, and efficiently present packaging design options.
• Willingness to travel 5-10% of the time
• Create and design event assets
• Take on AOB company design project as needed
• Manage registered trademark guides.
• Manage overarching projects such as annual catalog and workflow processes.
• Aid Visual Design Team in graphic elements needed to generate creative content for the team.
• Aid content team and social media team in content creation.
• Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common areas.
• Other duties as assigned
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Some overtime as required
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
• Ability to move about facility and rough terrain on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
• Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
• General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards. Some exposure to outdoors, rough terrain, firearms, and lead.
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
• Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.