AOAExcel is the for-profit subsidiary of the American Optometric Association that provides business and career resources for doctors of optometry.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager plays a key role in the coordination of marketing campaigns for AOAExcel, from conception through execution. The Marketing & Business Development Manager spearheads a variety of ongoing projects, which will require content production, email marketing, website development and analytics, project management and event planning, among other skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implements and executes new strategic initiatives along with the day-to-day operations that have been identified for Business Partners
- Creates and implements comprehensive year-long marketing plans for Business Partners
- Generates original content ideas and copy for articles, ads, AOAExcel’s website, and more in addition to editing existing marketing content
- Collaborates with outside marketing firm in the development of collateral and promotional schedules to assure appropriate timing, messaging and accuracy
- Communicates marketing updates to appropriate internal departments and Business Partners to maximize awareness and participation
- Serves as a customer service representative for an online career center, which includes back-end website access to troubleshoot end-user technical issues
- Engages in relationship management with key stakeholders and clients for the online career center, including lead development and client satisfaction assessments
- Leads the planning and execution of state, regional and national industry meetings as required, including staffing, booth design, collateral and promotional activities
- Interfaces with AOAExcel Managing Director to achieve targeted company goals. Assists in the preparation of quarterly updates for the AOAExcel Board of Directors, and in hosting and presenting updates during quarterly board meetings
- Supervises AOAExcel Marketing Coordinator in assigning tasks and projects that support marketing campaigns for AOAExcel and Business Partners
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3.5 years experience with advertising, business, sales, marketing, communications or similar role required.
- Strong writing skills and proficiency in marketing analytics tools and Microsoft Excel required.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business or related field preferred.
- Experience with editing, email marketing platform, basic HTML, CRM and CMS preferred. Knowledge of insurance products a plus.
*This position requires travel 4-6 times per year or as needed.
At the American Optometric Association, our employee benefits package includes health plan benefits (dental, medical and vision), life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, healthcare flex spending account, 401k, generous PTO, 11 paid holidays, flexible work hours, adoption assistance, educational assistance, and more.
American Optometric Association
Why Work Here?The American Optometric Association is the leading authority on quality care and an advocate for our nation's health, representing more than 44,000 doctors of optometry (O.D.), optometric professionals and optometry students. Doctors of optometry take a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care, as well as general health and well-being. As primary health care providers, doctors of optometry have extensive, ongoing training to examine, diagnose, treat and manage ocular disorders, diseases and injuries and systemic diseases that manifest in the eye. Doctors of optometry provide more than two-thirds of primary eye care in the U.S.
Great benefits, passionate staff and members, rewarding job!