American Oncology Network, LLC (AON) is an alliance of physicians and seasoned healthcare leaders partnering to ensure the long-term success of community oncology. AON was created and is led by the leadership team responsible for the success of Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, the nation’s largest independent community oncology practice. With more than three decades of expertise in all areas of oncology practice management, AON enables physicians to focus on what matters most – providing the highest quality care for patients.
We preserve and protect the sustainability of community oncology for physicians, patients and partners, so practices thrive and every American has local access to exceptional cancer care.
Team members enjoy a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance as well as generous paid time off, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) program with company match
Our group at the Hematology Oncology Center is searching for a Part Time Pharmacy Tech to join the team!
Maintains the ordering and stocking of medications and supplies as needed in the clinic. Under supervision of Head Nurse, prepares and mixes medications. Coordinates with drug sales representatives, and pharmaceutical companies to obtain samples, teaching aids, and compassionate drugs. Acts as liaison between Physicians, Nursing, Pharmacy Supervisor and Purchasing in obtaining special order medications.
- Minimum of three years' experience in the healthcare field, preferably in a clinical setting as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred.
- PTCB Certification or State Registration as Pharmacy Technician is required.
- Medical terminology and attention to detail.
- Fluency in the English language as well as strong communication skills to interact with a wide variety of personalities.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to educational and research meetings as well as training sessions.
- Valid Drivers License for travel to clinics is required.