Looking for a Mission, not just a job? Want to have a huge impact on the health of society? If you are passionate about making a difference, smart, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hard for a mission you believe in, then we want you on our Team!
The Nutrition Consortium consists of rapidly growing non-profit organizations.
The ideal candidate must be interested in food, nutrition and health, and in working in a multi-faceted, dynamic, non-profit environment.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Manager will support multiple organizations within a Consortium of nutrition organizations, playing a key role in the outward-facing messaging of the Consortium.
See www.nutritionspecialists.org and www.americancollegeofnutrition.org for more context.
Digital Marketing & Communications
· Manage and execute annual communication strategy, define key messages and determine cadence that best aligns with our mission and vision
· Oversee email marketing efforts (E-mail blasts, E-newsletters, Blog) and be responsible for ongoing optimization
· Develop digital campaigns and monitor results (SEO, open rates, click-through, deliverability, conversion, etc.) and provide analysis of campaign effectiveness and recommendations to improve marketing ROI
· Help develop and provide input to the creative planning of annual marketing and communications materials. Analyze website behavior and performance metrics for the optimization of all marketing efforts as well as overall website optimization
· Oversee research and analysis to determine community wants and needs and translate the information into successful marketing campaigns
· Liaise with production houses; understand print and mail house production needs and scheduling
Social Media Marketing & Communications
· Develop strategies for growing our digital platforms
· Craft and aggregate engaging content for our various social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, to engage target audiences, increase event attendance, and to help raise organizational visibility
· Brainstorm new ideas and innovative ways to engage and grow our audience
· Manage media relations and funnel requests to appropriate people in the organization
· Provide input on the development of content marketing strategy, including defining audience personas and content mission, setting clear marketing objectives for content, and defining how the content integrates with our overall mission and values
· Create and maintain content on multiple websites in collaboration with internal teams
· Provide key input as we continue to develop and fine tune our branding strategy
· Ensure brand consistency and facilitate the smooth, productive and timely workflow for deliverables supporting our brand launch and future strategic branding initiatives
· Ensure our branding standards and messaging are maintained across all platforms
· Manage marketing assets including creating and updating creative materials
· Work with outside vendors to source promotional items for new collateral purchases as needed
Ideal Candidate Skills
· Demonstrated interest in nutrition and health
· A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
· Strong understanding of social media metrics (use, targeting, analytics) with previous strategic social media experience
· Stays current with the latest in social media and emerging marketing trends within the digital/social space
· Experience in building successful digital marketing campaigns, including sponsored ads, across various platforms
· Experience maintaining and updating websites via a Content Management System (Drupal experience a plus)
· Proficient in Google Suite including Google Ad Words and Google Analytics
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
· Skilled in database management (Salesforce experience a plus)
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Experience using email marketing tools (Constant Contact and Mail Chimp experience a plus)
Ideal Candidate Attributes
· Highly organized, creative thinker with strong attention to detail
· High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, self-starter, flexible, adaptable, team player, willing and able to get things done without the help of a large team
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Skill in editing and proofreading copy for accuracy, style and content under deadlines
· Experience writing short-form content for web and social media
· Ability to travel occasionally to staff exhibit booth at events, trade shows and conferences (Approx. 3-5 per year); includes booth set-up, tear down and staffing throughout event
· University degree, ideally in marketing or communications
· 3+ years of experience in digital communications / marketing
· Hours: Part-time or Full-time options possible
· Location: Hinsdale, IL Office
· Compensation: Based on experience
· Please include a brief explanation of interest in your cover letter.