Senior IT Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior IT Project Manager oversees complex technical projects which are usually of high financial value to the enterprise and require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Plans, executes, and implements all projects to deliver intended outcomes on time, on budget, and within the scope of defined business priorities. Manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with team members to achieve successful project completion. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including internal ANA stakeholders, vendors, end users, and customers. Conducts project related meetings, prepares weekly status reports and ad hoc reporting, and quarterly project management/strategic reviews of project status with business and technical owners as well as the Executive Sponsor. Reports to the Enterprise Project Management Office Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manages all aspects of projects from initiation through closing including communications, coordination and scheduling of tasks, testing, budgets, resourcing, and creation of all required project artifacts including but not limited to RFPs, SOWs, meeting notes, action items, risks and issues logs, project schedules, deployment plans, and lessons learned/retrospective results.
- Leads the creation of requirements documents and requests for proposal (RFPs) as appropriate to each project. Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics.
- Works with stakeholders and others to ensure common goals, objectives, and direction of project are agreed upon, communicated and achieved.
- Develops and maintains project management office standards, processes, and documentation.
- Mentors and coaches project managers with less experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ANA
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years overall information technology project management experience or equivalent specialized work experience
- Enterprise level software implementation experience (Association Management System or similar scale)
- Active and in Good Standing Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Expert knowledge of:
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps and/or Jira
- Ability to analyze and understand business problems and desired outcomes
- Strong communicator in person and in virtual settings
- Ability to create clear, concise, and thorough documentation and project artifacts that are appropriate for the intended audience
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Effective and clear writing ability to translate technical-speak into business terms
- Adept at facilitating teams to solve challenges, especially when they involve negotiation between multiple business or technical stakeholders
- Expertise in conflict resolution
Additional Preferred Skills & Experience
- Traditional methodologies and Agile experience
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience as a product line owner
About the American Nurses Association (ANA)
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers. From professional development and advocacy to credentialing and grants, the ANA Enterprise is the leading resource for nurses to equip themselves with the tools, information, and network they need to excel in their individual practices. In helping individual nurses succeed — across all practices and specialties, and at each stage of their careers — the ANA Enterprise is lighting the way for the entire profession to succeed.
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position nor a listing of the characteristics of the individual performing the job.
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
American Nurses Association ANA
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at American Nurses Association ANA