American Nurses Association ANA Silver Spring, MD
- Posted: 27 days ago
Status: Regular, Full Time
Supports item and test development. Assists with all test development activities, facilitates volunteer meetings, conducts statistical analyses, completes copy editing, and drafts reports.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan and conduct meetings with subject matter experts (SMEs) for job analysis and item writing, reviews, and updates. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and SMEs to enable recruitment; facilitate meetings; prepare meeting materials and review materials prepared by ANCC colleagues; create resulting documents; and provide post-meeting summaries to department leadership.
- Analyze data and draft reports to facilitate item writing; item reviews; item updates; exam standard setting; meeting/program evaluation; updates to ANCC commissions, ANCC boards, and external groups; and application for accreditation.
- Maintain documentation. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and vendors to develop reports documenting item functioning and exam performance. Maintain and update written procedures pertinent to the position and all necessary documentation in support of ISO accreditation requirements.
- Provide research and logistic support. Coordinate exam field testing and survey processes; monitor responses and send reminders; collaborate with vendors regarding the transmission of volunteer information, reservation, and participation counts. Collect meeting evaluation data. Provide technical support to participants and colleagues.
- Perform copy editing, proof-reading, and functionality checks (i.e., client review function) for Measurement Services documents and items.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ANA
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in psychology, research and statistics, psychometrics, or related field.
Related Work Experience
One year in assessment development, psychometrics, applied statistics, or equivalent.
Research design and completion, survey development and administration, and data analysis; oral and written communication; use of office computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint); analytical thinking; and technical report writing.
Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple ongoing projects and tasks; accurately attend to details; adapt to changing priorities and work demands; take initiative; work autonomously with limited supervision; and work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
Preferred Skills & Experience
Master’s degree in psychology, research and statistics, psychometrics, or related field. Experience with item banking software, with statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS), and in licensure or certification for a professional association, national testing agency, educational institution, or regulatory agency.
About the American Nurses Association (ANA)
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers. From professional development and advocacy to credentialing and grants, the ANA Enterprise is the leading resource for nurses to equip themselves with the tools, information, and network they need to excel in their individual practices. In helping individual nurses succeed — across all practices and specialties, and at each stage of their careers — the ANA Enterprise is lighting the way for the entire profession to succeed.
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
American Nurses Association ANA
AddressSilver Spring, MD
ScienceView all jobs at American Nurses Association ANA