Enterprise Project Management Office Director
- Expired: April 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the PMO Director you will beresponsible for directing the efforts of the PMO team which is accountable for on-time, within-budget delivery of all IT projects across the ANA Enterprise. You will strategize and plan for acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver IT projects, as well as lead, encourage and empower a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts and support staff. You are accountable for all IT spend of operating and capital expenses to ensure projects are justified through business plans and projects, and are deployed below budget and at the lowest cost possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead a team of project managers throughout project lifecycles including project formation, requirements gathering, resourcing, execution and delivery, and also provide direction to and manage the business analysis team
- Develop and implement governance processes for IT projects through leadership decision support systems and reporting
- Collaborate with key departments to develop and manage project budgeting, cost estimation approaches and resource allocation for IT projects, and ensure processes are followed throughout the lifecycle of IT projects
- Accountable for IT strategic sourcing, including vendor and contract management and managing IT budgets and timely payment of invoices
- Accountable for the IT strategic direction including planning, management and communications of IT plans
- Oversee communications on behalf of project execution and the overall IT Department with the ELT, other executives and all employees of the Enterprise
- Champions development of project management as a core competency within ANA and identifies project management best practices for the association and facilitate adoption
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ANA
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- 15+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities including managing multifunctional projects, project management office functions, and strategic planning
- 5+ years of experience managing IT project teams and IT operational and capital budgets over $7 Million
- Diverse business experience with exposure to operational, financial and technological areas
- PMP certification preferred
- Skilled negotiator with IT vendors and management of contracts
- Define, implement and lead PMO team to achieve key performance measures
WHAT THE ANA BRINGS TO YOU
- Join us and become a "Nurse Advocate" for the more than 4 million Registered Nurses in the United States
- Every role within the ANA contributes to a healthier world through the "Power of Nursing"
- An organization that acts with integrity, respect, transparency and humility
- We embrace and empower the uniqueness of every employee; Bring your whole-self to work
- Continuously innovating through creative and strategic initiatives
- Excellent Benefits with exceptional retirement contributions including 401K Matching, Paid Time Off between Dec 25th and Jan 1st in addition to regular PTO, and excellent health/medical benefits
- Commitment to your career development and advancement throughout the ANA Enterprise
ABOUT THE AMERICAN NURSES ASSOCIATION
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses' voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers.
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
American Nurses Association ANA
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at American Nurses Association ANA