Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We've spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we're not just selling insurance, we're providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we're successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees' lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we've compiled a generous benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We've also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Customer Service Representative
Do you have high attention to detail, possess the ability to effectively multi-task, thrive when organized, and enjoy both team oriented and autonomous work? As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for providing customer service that exceeds expectations to both internal and external clients. You will focus on resolvingissues in relation to billing, researching requests, and reconciling accounts. If you are interested in working with a diverse and tenured team who supports one another's success, please apply today!
- Assume responsibility for the timely set up and maintenance of Easy Pay plans.
- Assume responsibility for incoming inquiries via phone, e-mail, fax etc., from insureds and agents concerning premium as it relates to Easy Pay.
- Research and resolve Easy Pay issues.
- Assume added responsibilities for fellow team members as needed in a team atmosphere.
- Reconcile payments received, correcting misapplied payments, researching payment history, process stop payment requests, and reissue refund checks when applicable
- Process reinstatements on policies that have lapsed
- Educational Equivalent - High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Prior billing, bankingand/or customer service experience/training preferred.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable training or experience, strong mathematical skills preferred.
- Underwriting Services experience preferred.
- Introduction to Insurance courses preferred.
- MS Outlook training/experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication techniques.
- Must maintain congruous working relationships with representatives from various areas of the company and our policyholders.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to plan, prioritize and organize; personal effectiveness; manageability; high aptitude for learning; and determination.
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our culture by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.