Medical Office Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
Our thriving pain medicine practice needs an experienced Medical Receptionist who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules as well as bookkeeping, file management and office organization. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service. There are a few advancement opportunities for the successful applicant.
Medical Office Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Checking insurances on daily manner and collecting copays.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Whatever else is asked of you.
Medical Office Receptionist Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Medical Reception: 1 year (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Lab Specimen Processor/ Data Entry
AMC Laboratories - Southfield, MI 48075