Regional Sales Manager, Northern California & Pacific Northwest
American Linehaul is a privately-owned, Expedited LTL trucking company headquartered in Warren, NJ servicing over 65 cities throughout the United States. There are 15 offices located in major cities. The company was founded in 2001 and specializes in moving air freight utilizing an Airport-to-Airport model for the Freight Forwarding community.
American Linehaul is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager, Northern California & Pacific Northwest, to be based in San Francisco, CA.
This is a full-time and permanent position within a consistently growing company. The candidate that is chosen for this job will have great growth potential within the organization.
This is a full-time position. Though the position will occur largely during daytime hours, the candidate must be available via cell phone and/or email evenings and weekends as the customers’ needs dictate.
Our ideal candidate must be able to perform the following duties with a high level of skill in order to meet the company standards required of this position:
- Be based in Los Angeles with regional responsibility for San Francisco, CA; Sacramento, CA; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA markets. Regular travel required to Sacramento, CA; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA markets
- Meet budgeted revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as assigned
- Coordinate sales strategies with Director of Sales and other Sales Managers
- Build and maintain an accurate forecast for the quarter
- Attend and participate in weekly Sales team conference call
- Drive high level of client satisfaction by representing and articulating the sales strategies dictated by the Director of National Sales that meet agency and client objectives
- Demonstrate post sell results by presenting monthly campaign recaps including key metrics that address the agreed-upon objectives
- Percentage of time spent client facing: 80%
- Call on existing relationships to provide value and identify new opportunities and drive them to fulfillment.
- Maintain daily contact with customers to respond to their questions, issues, or problems to develop positive customer relationships (customer base consists of both domestic and international Freight Forwarders and Airlines and is within close proximity to Airport locations)
- Deliver a high level of service and support
- College degree or comparable business experience
- Minimum of 2 years sales or Industry experience, transportation service sales experience a plus
- Favorable driving record and background check
- Strong interest in selling, freight/transportation, business development
- Strong relationship building, negotiating, and selling skills
- Possess tactful and effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Be a highly, motivated team player that enjoys working in a group environment.
- Be willing to learn a new skill set and continue to develop as a professional.
- Possess proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Will also be required to master the transportation software system used by the company.
- Complete all required tasks in a manner that exceeds expectations. This includes returning emails and phone calls in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the confidentiality of both the company and its customers.
Salary range is competitive based on experience. Will be eligible for quarterly bonus structure based on performance. Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as 401k.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
American Linehaul is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.