Our ideal candidate must be able to perform the following duties with a high level of skill in order to meet the company standards required of this position:
- 0700-1530 Mon-Fri with possible weekends.
- The position will require the candidate be available to train on all shifts in a 24 hour Operation and be available via cell phone and/or email evenings and weekends as the customers’ needs dictate
- Assist with hiring and training crew of office & dock staff for busy LTL hub operation
- Assist with Facility Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance and Security.
- Scheduling workers to insure on time outbound on time truck departures after weighing, dimming and labeling freight and insuring prompt on time unload/processing of inbound loads. This includes O S & D notification within 2 hours while meeting budgeted payroll goals and eliminating Overtime and operational inefficiencies.
- Auditing paperwork such as bills of Lading & Delivery Receipts
- Enforcing Compliance & Safety policies
- Supervising & assigning responsibilities to office and dock employees
- Maintain daily contact with customers to respond to their questions, issues, or problems to develop positive customer relationships
- College degree or comparable business experience
- Minimum of 5 years Transportation Operations experience, LTL experience a plus
- Favorable driving record and background check
- Strong relationship building and negotiating
- Possess tactful and effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Be a highly, motivated team player that enjoys working in a group environment.
- Possess proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Will also be required to master the transportation software system used by the company.
- Complete all required tasks in a manner that exceeds expectations. This includes returning emails and phone calls in a timely fashion.
Salary starting at $45K based on experience. Benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as 401k.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
American Linehaul prides itself on fast, reliable delivery of the customer's freight with an emphasis on superior service. We have regional hubs and centralized locations throughout the country. As a premier Expedited LTL carrier, our facilities are all in Area A airport locations, and our footprint is continously growing. We are a privately-owned, family-run company, and believe that in order to do our job, we need to always work with integrity, discipline, and with the customer's well-being in mind.
Why Work Here?American Linehaul offers a scheduled linehaul service from over 65 outbound airport cities and over 65 inbound airport destinations within the Continental United States. By providing our customers with a variety of products, we can offer a real cost savings against that what they would find with air transportation. American Linehaul offers expedited LTL between each of these Area A airport locations, local pick-up and delivery as well as full truckloads, consolidations, warehousing, and handling. Customers can either recover at destination themselves or have us arrange for the delivery using our own local cartage network. American Linehaul prides itself on fast, reliable delivery of the customer's freight with an emphasis on superior service. We have regional hubs and centralized locations throughout the country. As a premier Expedited LTL carrier, our facilities are all in Area A airport locations, and our footprint is continously growing. We are a privately-owned, family-run company, and believe that in order to do our job, we need to always work with integrity, discipline, and with the customer's well-being in mind.
Great position with a company with a nationwide presence and steady growth.