American Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher. Candidates must be certified, highly qualified, and possess an AZ fingerprint clearance card. Candidate will work collaboratively with the general education teachers and administrators to develop strategies to meet the needs of each individual student on their caseload.
Job expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Modify and develop daily curriculum techniques specific to students with different learning modalities.
- Develop approved lesson plans to meet the standards of the curriculum within the classroom and assist in developing lesson plans for inclusion students.
- Consistently communicate and correspond with parents, administrators, school psychologists and other professionals to set-up and plan IEP and Evaluation meetings.
- Act as IEP facilitator and collaborator between special education and general education teachers.
- Gather relative information from team members and write, revise, or update IEP and existing data reports.
- Complete report cards and progress reports on each student’s progress.
- Assist other professional staff in identifying and implementing interventions for students identified in the Student Study Team process.
- Maintain appropriate student data in order to keep school-wide grading system up to date as well as data required to monitor IEP goal progress.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences and training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Candidates with the following qualities will thrive as part of our growing team:
- Leadership and team collaboration skills
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills to effectively handle multiple responsibilities
- Commitment to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
- Strong planning, execution and problem solving skills
American Leadership Academy offers a competitive salary that is individually determined based on education and experience. We offer health benefits, paid time off, and 401k investment options including employer contributions. Eligible employees may earn additional pay based on performance.
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete an online application and submit the following supporting documentation.
- Valid Arizona IVP Fingerprint card
- Current Special Education teaching certificate
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation (2-3)
- Additional applicable certificates and endorsements
If you have any questions about the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.