American Kenda Rubber Ind. North Canton, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a global tire manufacturing company with more than 12 000 employees worldwide, Kenda Tire offers advanced tire products for many applications. Headquartered in Taiwan, the company supplies original equipment to many international automotive industries. With tire factories in Taiwan, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia, Kenda is currently ranked in the top 25 tire companies in the world with global sales of approximately US$1.2 billion.
Kenda American Technology Center
Kenda American Technology Center (KATC) is responsible for advancing Kenda’s global design capabilities and developing new automotive, powersport, and bicycle tires for the N. American marketplace. KATC was established in 2014 and is located in Akron, Ohio. KATC currently has a staff of 50 and is expected to grow to 70~80 employees as Kenda expands its N. American customer base. Departments include Tire Development, Tire Research, Tire Testing, and Tire Materials. Facilities include a Tire Testing Laboratory, Rubber Mixing Laboratory, and Material Analysis Laboratory in addition to the R&D office space.
This is a multifunction position consisting of; Motocross / Off-Road motorcycle tire test evaluator, Motorcycle maintenance technician, and tire testing laboratory technician. Duties will also include filling in as needed in other work areas of the facility.
The ideal candidate would have racing experience in MX and/or off-road racing such as GNCC at the A class level as a minimum. The candidate should be capable of evaluating various tire performance characteristics between different tires and communicating feedback to engineers. The candidate would also be required to complete mechanical maintenance on Kenda’s off-road motorcycles.
1. Conduct on-vehicle testing of MX and Off-road tires.
2. Complete test evaluation sheets summarizing performance characteristics of each tire tested
3. Maintenance MX and Off-road motorcycles
4. Maintain motorcycle shop
5. Safely perform tests on laboratory tires
6. Mount and balance tire/wheel assemblies
7. Mount tires on vehicles in support of various ride studies
8. Perform general support work in the office as assigned by testing engineers, senior-level technicians, or management
9. Perform data entry tasks as needed in support of tire testing requirements
10. Travel to appropriate test tracks to conduct testing
1. High School minimum, prefer Associate Degree or higher
2. 10 plus years MX and other Off-Road motorcycles riding experience (racing experience preferred)
3. 5 plus years experience riding other types of Powersports vehicles (ATV/UTV, street bikes, etc); preferred but not necessary
4. 5 plus years MX and Off-Road motorcycle maintenance experience
5. Tire evaluation experience preferred but not necessary
6. 0~3 years’ experience in testing or technical environment
7. Safety conscience
8. Proficient in using spreadsheets
9. Able to work in the US
10. Willing to travel within the US (possibly Asia if required)
11. Lifting of tires and/or tire wheel assemblies will be required as part of this job
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, life, accident, critical care, and short-term & long term disability insurances
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Employee purchase pricing on auto, power sport, and bicycle tires
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
American Kenda Rubber Ind.
Kenda is a recognized leader in tire/wheel production, with over 12,000 employees worldwide, where quality, honesty, and customer service are core values. This position is an opportunity to be part of a “world-class” organization, with excellent advancement and growth opportunities.
5801 Mayfair Road NNorth Canton, OH