In partnership with the Vice President for Finance and Administration / CFO, the Senior Director for Hospitality Services will be responsible for AJU’s space rentals, event planning, and food services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all sales and marketing effort to achieve maximum space utilization by renting and coordinating events throughout the Familian Campus.
- In partnership with the leadership at Brandeis-Bardin Campus, promote and market its spaces to maximize AJU’s earned revenue for hospitality services.
- Supervise directly and work in partnership with the Director of University Food Services, Director of Conferences and Campus Services and Conference and Auditorium Support Coordinator to provide outstanding a delightful customer service for new and recurring clients.
- In partnership with the Director of University Food Services, establish and deliver a high standard of food quality for all students and guests. Re-design AJU’s catering menu and implement a new marketing campaign designed to increase catering sales.
- In partnership with the Marketing Department, develop a comprehensive marketing and sales strategy that will increase revenue from rentals and event management.
- Manage all Hospitality Services budgets and establish ambitious yet achievable performance benchmarks in the following areas:
- Lead to sales conversion rates (conference and small events)
- Cost of goods and food production costs
- Client satisfaction and NPS (net promoter score)
- Space capacity utilization
- In close partnership with the Senior Director of Facilities and Operations, establish a productive and collaborative work dynamic.
- Transform the Hospitality department into a service-oriented organization that will provide high-quality customer experiences and will create customer loyalty.
- Enforce adherence to regulation and quality standards.
- Hands-on experience in customer service and direct sales. Demonstrated performance in implementing hospitality best practices
- Knowledge of quality standards associated with event management, food production, and customer service
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- The Senior Director will be required to work evenings and weekends
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry (higher education setting preferred but not required)
American Jewish University is a thriving center of Jewish resources and talent built upon core values of Jewish Learning, Culture, Ethics, Leadership and Peoplehood. In 2007, the University of Judaism acquired the Brandeis-Bardin Institute, creating a landmark entity, from then on known as American Jewish University. This new organization now boasts two campuses, a single vision and a shared future. Today, American Jewish University is one of the largest and most innovative Jewish institutions in the country.
Heartened by our vibrant Jewish community, we continue to add faculty, expand our curriculum and develop innovative academic programs that prepare graduate and rabbinical students for rewarding lives – as leaders in the Jewish community as well as society at large. Our graduates are making a difference in the world.
Our role as a leadership training ground is matched by our commitment to provide the broader community with a variety of substantive educational experiences. Our lectures, symposia, special institutes, center for continuing education classes and a wide array of cultural offerings are enhancing thousands of individuals’ understanding of Judaism, and expanding their knowledge about the history, traditions and languages of this glorious ancient heritage.
AJU is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve excellence. We believe in having a diverse group of students, faculty and staff working together in a climate of respect and support. Our community welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and thank all members of the institution for their continued dedication and support in strengthening the community.