Under the general supervision of the Office Manager and the Chief Innovation Officer, the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, oversees the Whizin Center Box Office, and handles all correspondence for the Innovation Office both internally and externally. This person also acts as an ambassador of the department and University and functions as liaison to patrons and community members. This job is full time, 35 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Office Manager and members of the Whizin team.
- Tracks, anticipates, and prepares for upcoming Whizin classes and events.
- Is the first responder and primary liaison for public interaction with the Whizin Center, greeting and assisting participants, prospective participants, instructors, vendors and staff.
- Answers the phone and responds to departmental emails with accurate information.
- Is the primary administrator of the enrollment and ticketing software, ProClass and Vendini. This includes assisting participants with all registration and ticketing matters, collaborating with the Office Manager and Marketing Department to send pre/post event communication emails to participants and providing reporting.
- Proofreads marketing and other materials for accuracy.
- Supports programming staff with administrative functions as approved by the Whizin CIO.
- Sorts and distributes mail and order supplies for the Whizin team.
- Maintains the data base of important department contacts.
- Maintains the Whizin office shared Outlook calendars.
- Assists with the organization of Whizin team events and meetings.
- Assists with other requests as needed by Office Manager and CIO.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Excellent computer skills, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Customer Service Skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written)
- Meticulous attention to details
- Able to manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and accurately accomplish tasks on time
- Available to work evening and weekend hours periodically as requested
About American Jewish University's Whizin Center:
American Jewish University’s Whizin Center for Continuing Education is where our community connects with Jewish learning, life and culture. The Whizin Center enriches all aspects of life: the cultural and intellectual, the artistic and spiritual, the political and social, to enliven the lives of our communities. Classes, lectures, author events, concerts and performances are offered daytime and evening
AJU is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve excellence. We believe in having a diverse group of students, faculty and staff working together in a climate of respect and support. Our community welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and thank all members of the institution for their continued dedication and support in strengthening the community.