We are seeking an experienced CNC programmer to join our great team at American International Tooling in Carson Valley/Minden, NV. We offer competitive pay and benefits such as company paid employee only health and dental insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, vacation/sick time, and educational opportunities. This is a full-time, day-shift position generally working Monday through Friday from 6:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
The job requires creating CNC programs using CAD/CAM in a Windows environment to meet production demands by operating AIT’s machine tools for manufacturing purposes. This includes programming a variety of machines and includes setting up or helping set up CNC machine for programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create instructions/set-up sheets for machinists with manager’s approval.
- Review 2D/3D CAD program and process.
- Set up, program, operate and run test simulations of Lathes, Mills and CNC Machines.
- Choose cutting tool, write programs, analyze and select feeds and speeds optimal for tool life and part quality while working with engineering on design and manufacturing.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to set up, program, operate and machine complex and high tolerance parts
- Experience fabricating and machining metals using lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Experience programming and operating Vertical Milling Machines and Multi-Axis Horizontal Lathes (Fadal, Doosan, Okuma, preferred).
- Experience creating and manufacturing tooling and fixtures.
- Materials: stainless steel, tool steel, and alloy-based materials
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Intermediate to advanced shop math.
- Working knowledge of using precision measuring equipment.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment
- Good communication, reading comprehension, and organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment or with little or no supervision.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience, Associate in Science degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience as a CNC Programmer programming with CAM/CAD software such as Gibbs and AutoCAD, (3D & SolidWorks preferred) in a shop environment for multi-axis machining projects.
We are the largest aftermarket manufacturer in the United States. Our product line includes tooling for a wide range of machines, including:
Our experience and knowledgeable team can help solve seaming problems and provide you with the correct parts. We stand behind every part that we sell. With AIT you are getting quality, reliability and outstanding service.