SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Duties include direct contact with policyholders, agents and customers by telephone, e-mail, fax and written correspondence. Responsibilities include gathering and reporting of information, problem solving, reviewing and evaluating various agency related reports, and providing quality customer service in a timely manner.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Perform various clerical duties and data entry with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to exercise some judgmental decisions in an independent manner. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Must possess a complete understanding of agent licensing/coding, various agency functions and how they interrelate within the department and the company. Ability to meet department deadlines and efficiently handle distribution to appropriate parties. Complete understanding of the various agency contracts and state requirements relating to agent licensing. Ability to handle diverse assignments as become necessary in the department.
- Minimum typing requirement of 40 wpm.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment as well as various software packages required by the department.
- Ability to understand and apply a variety of oral and written instructions, demonstrates initiative.
- Proficient communication skills, written and verbal, including proper grammar, word usage, and punctuation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role or office environment.
- Experience in an insurance agency preferred.
American Income has served working class families since 1951 with life, accident, and supplemental health products to help protect members of labor unions, credit unions, associations and their families. AIL representatives develop long-term relationships with clients and meet them where they are most comfortable ... their home.