Director, Corporate and Cause Marketing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Humane is seeking an experienced Director, Corporate and Cause Marketing to help drive strategic management for revenue generation and high dollar corporate partnership prospecting. This position is remote with a strong preference for East Coast based candidates and reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. American Humane is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. As we seek to fill this position, we highly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more than 100 years American Humane has been first in promoting the welfare and safety of animals and strengthening the bond between animals and people. We are first to serve, wherever animals are in need of rescue, shelter, protection or security. Through our innovative leadership initiatives – from our “No Animals Were Harmed®” program in Hollywood to broad-based farm and conservation animal welfare certifications, to rapid response rescue and care across the country – American Humane sets the gold standard as the most visionary and effective animal welfare organization in the nation.
The Director, Corporate and Cause Marketing will work as a member of the Development team to manage and grow corporate partnerships, cause marketing campaigns and sponsorships to support the American Humane mission. This position will create and implement a strategy that drives revenue and aligns with the organization’s strategic plan, brand and visibility goals. The Director will participate in prospecting activities to build a strong pipeline and cultivate new national partnerships with direct revenue goals to secure partnerships from the $50K to $1MM+ level. They will be a strong team player and able to work cross-functionally throughout the organization. The role will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Development Portfolio Duties
- Secure and steward an annual portfolio of $3-5MM+ annually to achieve goals
- Build a strong pipeline through prospecting and cultivation at events and conferences, including vetting inbound opportunities
- Design effective partnership programs based on knowledge of partner business and CSR objectives and in alignment with American Humane funding priorities; remain current on industry trends and convert insights into revenue
- Develop and present creative and powerful presentations and proposals; ensure leadership involved are briefed and prepared for meetings
- Ensure donors are stewarded and partnership deliverables are met
- Engage with board members and ambassadors to leverage their networks
Strategic Planning and Communication
- Develop and implement the organization’s corporate partnership strategy to align with the organization’s overall strategic plan
- Stay current on consumer trends and best practices in cause marketing, retail, digital and corporate sponsorship
- Collaborate with program, communications, digital, finance and legal teams to develop proposals and meet deliverables
- Develop systems for metrics tracking, analytics and knowledge sharing
- Provide accurate activity and pipeline reports
- Develop updates for the board in collaboration with CDO
- Effectively communicate how American Humane and its programs work to ensure the safety, welfare and well-being of animals and is the first to serve in promoting and nurturing the bonds between people and animals.
Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in cause marketing
- Minimum of five years proven experience in corporate fundraising
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Ability to shift gears quickly and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of cause marketing best practices and BBB guidelines
- Able to work well both independently, with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team
- Highly skilled at building internal and external relationships
- Exhibits sound judgement, discretion and professionalism
- A passion for the American Humane mission and the animals and people we serve
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with or ability to quickly learn Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- This position has potential to have direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
- Position may be remotely based with strong preference for being based on the East Coast. Remote telework requirements based on organizational policy and manager discretion apply
- Must be able to work from a computer screen and type on a keyboard for extended periods of time as well as talk, hear and exchange information over the telephone, computer and in person
- Ability to travel, estimated 25%, and work some evenings and weekends
- Must be comfortable with occasional animals in the office or at work related events
American Humane’s core values define our workplace, and these values serve as the cornerstone for interactions in advancing our mission and institutional goals. Employees are expected to adhere to all organizational policies and to act as role models, demonstrating American Humane’s core values:
Compassion – Being kind and caring in our interactions with others.
Accountability - Holding ourselves to the highest standards. Following through on commitments and owning our actions, behavior, and decisions.
Respect for All – Being professional, listening to others and honoring diversity in all its forms.
Loyalty to Mission – Staying focused on our purpose and our mission – our nation’s most vulnerable depend on us.
Sustainability - Contributing to being a great place to work and achieving our shared mission and goals to make a difference, now and in the future.
Honesty, Integrity, Trust – Demonstrating transparency, as trusted stewards of donor resources, supporting our leadership and one another.
American Humane (AH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to fostering and growing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and the humane space.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at American Humane
Get fresh Director Corporate Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.