This individual is responsible for management of the American Hip Institute Research Foundation (AHIRF) and its Research Team. As the Nation’s Leader in Orthopedic Hip Preservation and Reconstruction, AHIRF strives to excel in cutting-edge research & innovation with >300 peer-reviewed publications in addition to countless abstract, poster, and podium acceptances annually at both national and international orthopedic conferences. This individual will be responsible for process and infrastructure at American Hip Institute. This includes the architecture of data and business intelligence solutions including scoping the development, utilization and reporting of American Hip Institute application software related to clinical outcomes tracking and research. Also integral to the position are research grant writing, clinical outcomes research study coordination and management of staff to contact patients for clinical follow-up.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology or related field from an accredited college or university. Master's degree or higher preferred.
- Significant Microsoft Excel proficiency
- 3-4 years of experience in medical research-related information technology.
- Proficiency in the statistical methods of medical research, including concepts such as statistical power and effect size.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as graphical method, for the effective communication of medical issues and technical analyses.
- Experience in detailed project management, including the development of effective processes and rigorous protocols.
- Experience with the IRB process.
- Basic knowledge of the design of relational databases and their manipulation with SQL.
- Understanding of the confidential and private nature of patient data, a track record of dependability and integrity.
Essential Job Functions (all of which are critical to excel in this position):
- Oversee and manage all manuscript submissions
- Write, review and edit manuscripts
- Train interns to submit manuscripts
- Coordinate with fellows (current and past) to get completed manuscript files that are ready to be submitted
- Make sure revisions are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Keep track of all important deadlines
- Facilitate proofing process
- Keep track of all projects to make sure they are followed through to completion
- Oversee and manage all submissions to conferences
- Write, review and edit abstracts
- Train interns to submit abstracts
- Make sure abstracts are submitted by the deadline
- When abstracts are accepted, add them to the calendar and coordinate with the authors to assign a presenting author
- Make sure invitations are accepted, presenters are registered, and all presentation materials are submitted by the deadline
- Facilitate research team review of all presentation materials
- Maintain the Foundations To-Do list
- Ensure all disclosures are up-to-date and correctly submitted to all conferences/journals
- Manage emails and telephone communication for the Foundation
- Plan and conduct research meetings and journal clubs
- Manage all data collection, and database software within Outcomes Based Electronic Research Database (OBERD)
- Manage workflow with clinic team collecting data during patient visits
- Understand how the database works and make sure it is properly maintained
- Proficiently manage large Excel spreadsheets
- Write proposals for industry grants
- Maintain reporting to industry as required by grant agreements
Fellowship and Internship
- Maintain ads and postings for fellowship and internship
- Manage application process for interns and fellows
- Screen and interview intern applicants
- Screen and interview fellow applicants along with Foundation Medical Director
Supervise research staff (fellows, interns, residents, etc.)
- Mentors other researchers
- Project planning with fellows, interns, residents, and all other participating parties
- Facilitate all research projects (IRBs, clinical trial registrations, any research materials)
- Coordinate the training and orientation of incoming interns and fellows
- Ensure that the interns’ time is fairly utilized and equally distributed among fellows