American Heritage Credit Union, a $3 billion credit union, has an immediate opening for a Senior Fraud Investigator. This position will detect, analyze and investigate suspected fraudulent activity and financial crimes committed against the organization by utilizing specialized investigative skills, in-depth knowledge of relevant financial industries processes, regulations and state and federal criminal statutes, including rules of evidence, chain of custody and due process to reduce losses and recover assets.
- Monitor member accounts and daily reports for suspicious activity related to money laundering, identity theft, check, and wire fraud.
- Respond to fraud alerts by notifying members, restricting cards or other account privileges, and closing accounts.
- Perform tactical fraud analysis of systems, such as Symitar, FIS, Chex System, Verafin, etc., to identify patterns, habits and trends of fraud to prevent or minimize losses.
- Investigate claims of fraud against the member and credit union by following governing regulations, policies and procedures when gathering evidence and information. Respond to subpoenas and providing timely and accurate evidence to law enforcement agencies.
- Responsible for processing and appropriate disposition of fraudulent items by gathering information and presenting documentary evidence in an accurate and timely manner. Works with members to identify transactions, identifies potential suspects, completes necessary paperwork, and eliminates future fraudulent transactions.
- Responsible for sending check return items to other financial institutions within required time frames to reduce loss to members and AMHFCU.
- Responsible for filing Fraudulent Check Crime Reports, Bad Check Reports, and Fraudulent Credit Card Reports with appropriate entities in a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness of new fraud techniques and security developments for counteracting fraud.
- Submits claims to the insurance company on insurable losses. Provides documentation on non-insurable losses and initiates charge-off of items determined to be non-collectable.
- Responsible for the collection and reduction of charge-offs on negative share draft, courtesy pays, fraudulent return checks and ATM/debit transactions
- For suspected or potential fraudulent activity, assist in performing collection activities as needed on delinquent consumer loans which include, but not limited, contacting delinquent members by telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status. Proper documentation and follow-up on all contact and arrangements made. Skip trace delinquent loan as needed using the collection tools provided.
- Develop or assist in the development of fraud training programs, as needed.
- Stay informed of trends and developments in loss and fraud issues and loan reviews.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience, preferably within a financial service industry.
- Represent the Credit Union in business and trade associations and otherwise promote the Credit Union's image.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CFE preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must possess high degree of confidentiality & ethical standards.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary commensurate with experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, health benefits, 401(k) with a generous company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible professional and environmentally friendly atmosphere for our employees.
To be considered, correspondence should include a resume listing job history and salary expectations. Please be advised that credit, criminal, employment, drug/alcohol testing and education background checks are conducted on potential candidates. All resumes will be reviewed, but only competitive candidates will be contacted for further conversation.
American Heritage Credit Union