Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact everyday?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
Our Heart Ball campaigns are more than a black-tie event, they are campaigns meant to give our supporters and donors the opportunity to see, celebrate and live their investment in our mission. For over 50 years, Heart Balls have been raising vital funds to support the mission of the American Heart Association to ensure our research and community efforts continue to save lives. Each campaign has a unique opportunity to focus on many aspects of the AHA including congenital heart defects, social determinants of health, science advancements, as well as visibility around CPR and high-blood pressure.
We are looking for an extraordinary leader to be the National Director; someone passionate about the mission of the AHA and the work that we do and enthusiastic about leading 160 events each year raising $90 million and engaging over 100,000 though leaders. We are looking for a leader with a passionate drive around possibility and the ability to inspire staff and volunteers across the country through a shared vision of revenue growth and program success.
And we are looking for someone extraordinary to be the National Director; someone passionate about creating events and experiences that will capture the hearts and minds of donors across the country to drive engagement and raise funds to support our mission.
The National Heart Ball Director can be based anywhere in the United States. The primary responsibility of the Director, in partnership with region leadership, SVP/Executive Directors, and Socials event staff will be to drive accelerated mission and revenue growth through Heart Ball events .
Through the development and sharing of best practices, you will drive more than $90 million in annual revenue. Ideal candidates will have a passion for social events with the ability to anticipate trends and translate futurist thinking into actionable strategies to drive revenue growth. Experience in leading a multi-million-dollar event and market, as well as sales, major gifts and volunteer development will position this leader for success. The ability to motivate and inspire across all levels of the organization will be critical in this high-profile role.
In this exciting and high-profile role, you will work with region and market leaders to deliver successful implementation of our core strategies through training, strategic consultation and collaboration. Through this important alignment, you will help our regions and events focus on the highest impact priorities in order to achieve goals while balancing a strategic (big picture) focus with day-to-day activities.
- Ensure that region financial goals are achieved, and strategic priorities are aligned with those of the association
- Help regions and markets focus on the highest impact priorities in order to drive goal achievement, while effectively balancing a strategic (big picture) focus with day-to-day execution
- Monitor and analyze external and internal trends and develop benchmarks, best practices, priorities and focus areas for top markets
- Develop and implement the overall strategic direction and any project management for the Heart Ball events and field campaign
- Work with internal and external partners to develop strategies to significantly increase AHA's revenue and mission impact
- Develop and execute the field marketing playbook and execution in areas such as corporate recruitment, individual giving, sponsorship, volunteer leadership development, customer experience and campaign analysis for the National team
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- 6+ years' experience in a similar role or in a role leading a million-dollar campaign with year over year growth
- Proven record of success in corporate sponsorship and fundraising
- Proven record of success in leading cross-functional teams
- Skilled in oral and written communications
- Ability to get along with all levels of staff
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Skilled in planning projects and working against deadlines to provide end product
- Skilled in campaign oversight and reporting
- Ability to travel overnight up to 40%
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy \#TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Requisition ID 2019-4199
Job Family Group Fundraising/Direct Sales
Job Category Fundraising/Sales
Additional Locations US-Anywhere