A leading U.S. private security company, American Guard Services, Inc., has immediate job opportunities in Oakland, CA for an experienced security Scheduling Coordinator. As a Scheduling Coordinator, you will be responsible for day-to-day scheduling of employees of all commercial security operations within an assigned geographical area. AGS is a security provider for fortune 500 companies, airport, ports, banks, schools and universities, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
The focus of the Security Scheduler position is on achieving accurate and timely results that support established organizational standards. Drive, determination, and taking responsibility for assuring company resources, policies and procedures are correctly applied are necessary qualities for successful job performance!
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for staffing, scheduling, and processing payroll for all Security Professionals within assigned client sites for their respective Branch. The Security Scheduling Coordinator is also required to but not limited to the following:
*Maintain regular communication with security officers
*Resolve issues regarding pay, morale, or complaints
*Effectively manages overtime by ensuring effective scheduling and making timely, qualified hiring decisions
*Takes prompt action once a complaint is received regarding employee performance or conduct, administers disciplinary and coaching actions, and initiates and executes routine termination actions
*Make initial job offers and job transfers
*Create, modify, and manage post schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times
*Ensure all positions are staffed according to contract requirements
*Adhere to all company policies regarding timekeeping procedures, meal, rest, and period breaks
*Ensuring that all permanent and current schedules are up to date
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
The Scheduling Coordinator position requires handling a variety of activities simultaneously, working at a faster than average pace with accuracy and attention to detail. The Scheduling Coordinator position will require an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, strives for excellence in all areas of work performance, and has exceptional follow up skills.
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
· Effective time management to deal with frequent deadlines
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Active listening skills
· Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
· Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
· Attention to detail
· Professional demeanor and appearance
· Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
· Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
· Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test
· Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks, if applicable.
· To be determined based on qualification and experience.
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; some standing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
AGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (424) 213-4008.
American Guard Services, Inc. is an established, reliable and accredited security protection firm. Founded in 1997, we have developed into a full services security company with locations across the nation.
FULL SERVICES SECURITY COMPANY SINCE 1997
American Guard Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?ABOUT AMERICAN GUARD SERVICES, INC. American Guard Services, Inc. is an established, reliable and accredited security protection firm. Founded in 1997, we have developed into a full services security company with locations across the nation. FULL SERVICES SECURITY COMPANY SINCE 1997
Nationwide Company, Opportunity for Advancement, and Great Benefits.