We are looking for great diesel mechanics that can handle responsibility for all aspects of maintenance and repair of medium and heavy duty trucks and trailers including inspections and diagnostics. Repairs range from basic PM services to inframe and transmission jobs. Knowledge of diesel, hydraulics, and electrical systems is required. Minimum of 1 year experience in related field. Must supply your own tools!
- Must own your own tools.
- Proficient with Fleet Management Software and Fuel Management Systems
- Computer skills operating windows based programs
- Positive attitude with strong inter-personal skills
- Have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Coordinate and work effectively with multiple departments to continuously improve processes, maximize efficiency and exceed expectations.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines and effectively prioritize and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess great time management and organizational skills
- Professional with good communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of attention to detail and professionalism at all times.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Preforming equipment repairs may require the ability to lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of truck shop parts up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 bs. frequently.
Physical Work Environment:
Climate effected by outside conditions including extreme heat.
Considerable exterior noise
Extreme temperature fluctuations in warehouse
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.