AFW is looking for a skilled Auto Body Shop Technician that is able to diagnose and complete repairs for AFW vehicles/equipment, and customer vehicles. This individual will also apply vehicle wraps and ensure the appearance of the fleet is always above company standards.
- Must own your own tools.
- ASE certification in auto painting, ding and dent repair required.
- I-Car certification strongly preferred but not required
- 2-5 years body shop experience strongly preferred.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Customer Focus.
- Product Knowledge.
- Coordinate and work effectively with multiple departments to continuously improve processes, maximize efficiency and exceed expectations.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
Thoroughly examine the vehicle damages.
Return the vehicle back to factory specifications.
Remove vehicle trim to gain access to vehicle body.
Can properly fill depressions with body filler and ensure a quality repair.
Able to remove damaged parts using power tools and cutting torch.
Bolt or weld replacement parts in position using power tools and welding equipment.
File, grind and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
Replace bolts on panels and align properly.
Make cosmetic repairs.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Use special equipment to restore damaged metal frames and body sections back to original specifications.
Able to develop appropriate and efficient methods for each job.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Preforming equipment repairs may require the ability to lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of truck shop parts up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 bs. frequently.
Physical Work Environment:
Climate affected by outside conditions including extreme heat.
Considerable exterior noise.
Extreme temperature fluctuations in warehouse.
Benefits and Perks:
Weekly pay guaranteed.
Full benefits available on the 60th day after your first day of employment.
401K with a company match of up to 6%.
Vacation time, holiday pay, personal day, and sick time available.
Employee discount with AFW, Verizon Wireless, Simmons Mattresses, Vasa Fitness, and many other discounts available.
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.