Great opportunity for a Professional Executive Assistant in the City of Los Angeles.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Perform a broad range of administrative duties for the directors at our Flavors Division. Work with the Senior Director of Operations, on a day-to-day basis, relieving him of minor administrative details and maintaining workflow during the director’s absence. Use independent judgment within agreed-upon limits to act on behalf of superior based on knowledge of company organization, policies and personnel. Responsible for scheduling meetings, obtaining information, compiling reports and information as requested by superior. Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in handling requests for appointments and telephone calls for superior, routing them to others or dealing with them on own initiative when appropriate. May take and/or transcribe confidential or highly technical dictation, keep minutes of meetings and perform other secretarial functions. May also assist other directors as needed. Is responsible for contributing to the efficient and profitable operation of the Company. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving performance standards
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a well-organized office system to support efficient functioning of the directors to whom the position reports.
- Must become familiar with the operating practices and procedures of the Company.
- Maintain a calendar for the superiors.
- Ensure that any information or research requested is complete and accurate.
- Follow up on matters that have deadlines, keeping superiors informed as needed.
- Must guard sensitive and confidential information with great discretion.
- On own initiative, handle all correspondence not requiring personal attention of superiors.
- May screen visitors and telephone calls.
- Regular, punctual attendance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus some secondary-level coursework in English, business administration and/or communication.
- Five years of experience in the performance of responsible administrative/clerical work; two years of executive assistant experience involving the exercise of a high degree of discretion with confidential matters.
- Thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures and business English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional grooming, dress and demeanor consistent with business-like corporate image.
- Must report to any AFF facility according to company need, sometimes with same day notice.