LAB TECHNICIAN (entry level)
Major OEM Friction Material Manufacturer located in Garfield Hts., has an exciting career opportunity for an entry level Lab Test Technician. We are a leader in the sintered friction industry. We are the largest producer of sintered brake pads for the Power Sports Industry and a major manufacturer of ceramic clutch buttons.
We are seeking a person with good computer and hands-on mechanical skills. The Lab Technician will be involved in customer projects, parts fabrication for testing, dynamometer testing and the development of new friction materials for customer applications.
The person would be trained to perform lab duties. A background setting up production equipment, making adjustments and taking measurements would be appropriate for consideration.
• Prepare and mix materials for part fabrication.
• Fabricate test parts for dynamometer and vehicle testing.
• Set up test fixtures for dynamometer testing.
• Generate test reports.
• Track and document in-process test pieces.
• Able to use hand tools.
• Capable of lifting and carrying loads of 40lbs.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Organized with work and good time management.
An excellent salary, Health Care Insurance, Profit Sharing, paid holidays and other benefits