To support AFS in achieving its mission and strategic plan goals by writing, editing and assisting in laying out of features, columns and departments for the magazines and magazine-related products, including their websites and web-related communication. All materials will be produced with pro-manufacturing assumptions.
- Write and edit feature length articles for the magazines and websites
- Write and edit columns and departments for the magazines and websites
- Attend various conferences, seminars, committee meetings and plant tours to develop editorial for the magazines and websites
- Write and edit copy for the magazines’ websites and web-related communications
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience:
- 3-5 years of editing experience.
- Journalism degree preferred; ability to write and edit with a firm grasp of grammatically correct English required.
- Must have an understanding of website CMS and basic photography.
- Computer knowledge of word processing software (MS Office); publishing software (Adobe InDesign); art/digital image software (Adobe Photoshop); spreadsheet software (MS Excel) is required.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to multitask and be a good communicator.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently.
- Occasional evening/weekend travel and work may be required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Technical writing experience is a huge plus.
- Required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger or feel objects, reach, balance, stoop.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is classified as Light Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept. of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles. Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34—66%); Continuous (67-100%)
- Lift up to 10 lbs. on an occasional basis floor to waist.
- Carry up to 10 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 25 feet.
- Sitting – frequent
- Standing – occasional
- Walking – occasional
- Bending/stooping – occasional