- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 290+ employees operating from 52 offices located in 17 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations Forester is responsible for: harvest area reconnaissance, silvicultural prescription development, road reconnaissance, road plan development, and other land management activities on client managed properties.
- Contract administration duties focus on monitoring contractor harvesting, road construction and maintenance activities.
- Employ technical tools for the development of harvest plans, timber harvest implementation, road construction projects, and other associated land management activities.
- Provide forest product utilization control checks for product preparation to comply with market specifications.
- Assist in development and administering annual budgets.
- Participate in forest inventory projects individually or with a team.
- Supervise contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Monitor BMP and EMS Compliance to ensure third party SFI Certification
- Interact and communicate as a member of a 5 (five) person team focused on meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Potential travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
- Working knowledge of forestry skills including the use of tools used in timber cruising, photo interpretation, timber harvesting, road construction, and other duties that pertain to forest management.
- Office and remote field environments. Utilization of various means of transportation including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and snowmobiles. Required to drive, ride or walk-through rough terrain in difficult weather conditions, in daylight and dark, in wet and dry environments. Involves working long periods of time outdoors, including adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to loud noise, extreme temperatures, fumes or air borne particles, outdoor weather conditions, and inclement weather. Exposure to heavy equipment operations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive, walk, wade, stand, talk, and listen. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- BS in Forestry or commensurate level of technical experience in field forestry operations.
- Experience with forest operations.
- Working knowledge of GPS devices and GIS applications (will train specific applications for this job).
- Working knowledge of water quality protection through best management practices (BMP’s) and state regulations. (Will train specific regulatory requirements for this job)
- Familiarity with northeastern US tree species, silvics, and silviculture.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Maine professional forester license, or ability to obtain license in the first two years of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time salary position
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision healthcare plans
- Short- & Long-Term Disability plans available
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching company contributions
- Eligible for annual bonus plan
- Educational Assistance
- Company assigned vehicle and cellular phone
Powered by JazzHR
American Forest Management, Inc.
AgricultureView all jobs at American Forest Management, Inc.
Get fresh Forest Solutions jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.