AFSPA is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
A Cover Letter and Resume are required for consideration. Resumes submissions without a cover letter included will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Please click on the link below or cut and paste the URL into your web browser to apply directly to AFSPA.
Summary: Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Specialist will assist in the oversight of all company technological systems to include the implementation and development of new IT policies and procedures.
Compensation for this position is in the $55k range to $62k range depending on qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Assist in the oversight of all American Foreign Service Protective Association (AFSPA) and Senior Living Foundation (SLF) IT functions.
2. Develop and maintain accurate and organized tracking of all employee accounts, permissions, assigned two-factor authentication tokens, mobile devices, installed applications, etc. and coordinate with AFSPA’s Accounting Department to track fixed asset software.
3. Collaborate with staff at all levels and with various subdivisions to implement IT related initiatives and meet specific departmental needs.
4. Prioritize and delegate helpdesk tickets to IT team members, ensuring timely resolution to internal and external requests.
5. Coordinate and lead staff technology trainings to equip employees with the necessary tools to increase productivity and fulfill company initiatives effectively.
6. Serve as the primary lead of AFSPA’s custom-built Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Dashboard), to include troubleshooting and monitoring technical issues, assisting with and testing changes made by developer, tracking various projects, etc.
7. Provide admin support for 8x8 phone system to include addressing and resolving user profile and account issues, troubleshooting technical issues in Virtual Contact Center (VCC) and Virtual Office (VO) platforms, etc.
8. Serve as primary coordinator of all business intelligence tools (i.e. Power BI).
9. Onboard IT staff to include IT Coordinators and other IT specific roles deemed appropriate to meet business needs.
10. Track, measure and report key performance indicators to determine effectiveness of existing technological platforms and help identify future platform enhancements.
11. Cultivate and manage relationships with AFSPA service providers, contractors and other external vendors to meet the current and future technological needs of the organization.
12. Travel locally in support of AFSPA and SLF special events and activities.
13. Provide occasional IT support outside of normal business hours to members and staff.
14. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS Degree in technology related field and at least 3 years working as a Systems Administrator required
- 2 years direct experience with Windows OS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2016+ and able to resolve low-intermediate level problems required
- 2 years Active Directory administration experience required
- Sound understanding of computer systems to include thin client computers, PC, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices (iOS, Android), etc.
- Familiarity with network connectivity – LAN, WLAN, Network Printers.
- Intermediate server administration, systems and network security knowledge.
- At least 1-year of supervisory and leadership experience preferred
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills with ability to summarize issues and actions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.