AFSPA is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
A Cover Letter and Resume are * required for consideration. Resumes submissions without a cover letter included will be automatically disqualified from consideration.*
Compensation for this position is in the mid $30k range to low $40k range depending on qualifications and experience.
Summary: Handle incoming calls and correspondence from customers in a call center environment. Provide accurate detailed responses to their inquiries and move issues to a successful resolution based on the benefits outlined in the Plan's Brochure.
This position requires a minimum of 90% of work time to be on the phones.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Appropriately service customer regarding benefits, service and medical care issues. Provide timely and accurate information to incoming calls, emails and written correspondence from customers regarding claim status and health benefits. *
- Ensure that complaints & appeals are processed in accordance with regulations, compliance standards, policies and procedures. *
- Request customer address changes, claims inquiries and faxes according to established departmental policies and procedures. Work closely with business partners to resolve customer issues.
- Identify and elevate appropriate issues to the supervisors/management staff
- Route claims requiring an adjustment to the Plan's administrator and ensure all relevant information needed to reach a successful outcome is provided.
- Completely and accurately, document all interactions necessary to handle customer issues in an accurate and timely manner. *
- Follow up with customers as needed to update them on the progress of open issues and the resolution of closed issues in a timely manner. *
- Process letters and faxes received within 48 hours. *
- Return customer calls within 24 hours. *
- Handle individual and other assigned Queues in Navigator and ASD.
- Other Duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must complete the AFSPA training program within 90 days of their hire, achieve at least a minimum passing score of 85% on ALL exams and maintain an acceptable level of quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years customer service experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,683.50 to $43,766.83 /hour