American Fence & Supply, Co., Inc. has been providing and servicing businesses and residences throughout the Midwest with outstanding products and customer service since 1992. We have successfully serviced municipalities, hospitals, institutions, schools, factories, and contractors, both public and private, for many years. Our experience extends to all facets of fencing including erection and maintenance of all types. We have been a member of the American Fence Association since 1992 and our concern and dedication to our customers is exemplified in each and every one of our projects! We take pride in our commitment to customer service!
With our successful history, we are in a stage of GROWTH and we are looking to expand our AFS team with some amazing, talented, eager staff! We are currently recruiting for an ESTIMATOR who is organized, customer-oriented, a multi-tasker and has great communication & estimating skills. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing and submitting estimates with challenging, yet accomplishable sales goals!
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
· Understanding the scope of work to bid by analyzing blueprints, digital take-off specifications as well as other related documentation.
· Conducting of site visits, when necessary, to ensure site is as described (accessible, terrain, etc.).
· Consulting with clients, vendors, or personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Conferring with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
· Prepare and submit estimates in detail for all projects including calculating accurate material prices and quantities and verify with vendors in writing, calculating accurate labor estimates and reviewing calculations with management to ensure proper mark-up multipliers.
· Ensuring timely submission for completed estimates.
· Establishing and maintaining working relationships with current and future client-base.
· Communicating with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
- CARE about the quality of your work and the company you work for.
- COMMITTED to do what you say.
- PASSIONATE about the work you do.
- ACCOUNTABLE and follow through to the very end.
- Pursue EXCELLENCE in all that you do! Give 110%!
- Be HUMBLE and have a strong desire to be of service.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2-5 years experience in estimating fencing and/or metal fabrication projects.
- Ability to read blueprints and create material take-off documents.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related discipline(s) preferred.
- OSHA Certification(s) preferred.