At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R14460 Associate Customer Service Representative (Evergreen) (Open)Summary:Current Property & Casualty licensed candidates will be considered for a more advanced position.
The Associate Customer Service Representative provides customer service as needed to support achievement of company customer retention and satisfaction goals. Representatives are trained to provide high-touch customer service to customers regarding payment and policy-related questions and assist agencies with billing related inquiries while proactively promoting customer self-service options which would minimize/reduce customer effort. Acquires a working knowledge gained through training to quickly resolve problems in an unscripted care center environment. Processes account activities that cannot be systematically handled, researches to determine appropriate policy and billing activities. Gathers customer information, provides customer service related to pilots and/or company initiatives, educates the customer and/or agent where applicable and documents interactions.Responsibilities:
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics (arithmetic, averaging, percentages, etc.)
Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment. (This includes face-to-face service or contact center: retail, insurance, hospitality, etc.)
Demonstrated experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer).
Keyboarding/typing ability at 25 wpm.Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Inbound /Outbound Service/Customer Account Management (60%)
- Responds to basic billing, policy customer program support and service needs. Interactions may occur through various customer contact channels such as phone, email, chat, and/or social media platforms. Contacts customers or responds to voicemails as needed. Escalates calls as needed or contacts mentor for assistance to provide one-call resolution.
- Initially, with mentor, uses acquired technical knowledge to make appropriate decisions, responds verbally to inbound customer interactions. Properly documents the appropriate system for future reference and captures any suggestions or concerns into a database.
- Communicates with agents to collaboratively service and support customers and provide confirmation of transactions for multiple services and programs.
- Assists customers with processing payments through various electronic methods, complying with regulatory guidelines and proper handling of sensitive and confidential customer financial information.
- Proactively promotes and provides support for online billing and other customer self-service options to customers which may reduce customer effort (e.g., registering and unregistering accounts, assisting with payment options and account maintenance).
- With assistance, provides billing support, policy status information, program support and coverage verifications to customers and business partners. Assists callers with language barriers and those who are hearing impaired; may require locating an agent to meet their needs.
- Collaborates cross-divisionally to achieve a seamless customer experience. Supports other call centers during high call volumes.
- Processes account activities that cannot be systematically handled, researches to determine appropriate policy and billing activities. Proactively works to provides customers with a high-touch customer experience for all interactions and programs.
- Completes training and development programs to gain knowledge of offered products and servicing requirements. Develops customer service acumen to effectively service customers, reviews coverage, and advises customers regarding coverage options
- Completes training to develop a solid foundation relative to customer service best practices and procedures, billing and policy processing systems, and business rules, including specialized training to create a high-touch customer service experience which will help reduce customer effort.
- Participates in on-the-job development programs to apply new knowledge and skills in a live environment while receiving support of Team Managers or Sales and Service Care Center Senior Representatives.
- Partners with a mentor to further acquire technical expertise necessary to respond to sales and service scenarios and to advance in problem resolution and decision making.
- Continually improves knowledge of insurance industry, products, sale, customer service acumen, and supporting technology.
Pilots and Initiatives (15%)
- Participates in pilots and/or company initiatives of new services programs. Assists customers and agents with new tools or programs.
- Completes just-in-time training for pilots and/or company initiatives and develops customer service skills needed to effectively service customers proactively in high-touch customer service situations requiring low effort.
- Provides feedback on pilots and/or company initiatives to develop stronger processes if pilots and/or company initiatives move forward toward implementation.
- Facilitates communication between customers, agents, vendors, third party administrators and other employees; provides all parties with process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Troubleshoots customer questions over the phone and via electronic submissions (email, e-forms, etc).
- Utilizes knowledge database to resolve inquiries (Website)
- Transition/transforms customers' technical issues/concerns into positive customer interactions utilizing a proactive high-touch approach to customer service requiring low effort.
- Recognizes and escalates issues to internal business partners and reports potential issues to management
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!