Why American Family Insurance?
Well, we’re not like just any insurance company. At American Family Insurance, we’re dedicated to inspiring, protecting and restoring our clients’ dreams — because we believe a dream is the most valuable thing they will ever own. That’s why we make it our mission to give them the support and inspiration they need...that’s where YOU come in.
As a member of one of our independent agency teams, you can realize your career goals and aspirations while helping American Family Insurance customers hold onto their most precious possessions.
If helping people is what drives you, you want a company that you can call home, and you want a career full of opportunity...then reach out to us today!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
We have positions all around the metro area with our Independent Agents for Customer Service Representatives and we are looking for you.
You should be able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and remain helpful, positive, patient and cheerful.
You will be responsible for answering insurance-related questions and discussing product offerings with customers to help meet their unique needs. You'll coordinate prospecting through direct mail and personal insurance reviews, entering leads, pulling motor vehicle and claims reports, entering new applications, and submitting changes on existing policies.
Customer service representative candidates must have the ability to provide superb customer service, multitask, troubleshoot, and work both independently and as part of a team. The customer service representative will work in a busy,exciting and fun environment.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Prior customer service experience in a professional business setting
● Effective communication skills – via phone, email, or in-person
● Experience with PC software applications Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, etc.
● Solid knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical skills Property and Casualty insurance licensing is preferred prior to starting and is required after beginning employment
● Life and Health insurance licensing is preferred
● A valid driver's license
● You will work as part of a team in an office setting.
● The position will work first shift, Monday through Friday.
● Work on evenings and weekends may occasionally be needed.
● The customer service representative will receive a competitive compensation package.
The customer service representative is a staff member working for the agency owner and is not an employee of American Family Insurance.
American Family Insurance agency owners and their teams are trusted, caring advisors in their local communities. From repairing cars and homes to rebuilding entire towns, they work hard to inspire, protect and restore the dreams of their customers. Because to us, protecting a dream is just as important as pursuing one. Launch your career and make a difference.
American Family agency owners are not employees of American Family Insurance. Agency staff are employees of our agency owners.