American Family Fitness Mechanicsville, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since its founding in 1988, American Family Fitness has been a leader in the fitness industry. The company is trusted by over 85,000 members, and has strong relationships with the surrounding community, including corporations, schools, health systems, and sports facilities. Our award-winning clubs provide exceptional equipment, technology, and resources to provide our members with the highest service and solutions. American Family Fitness helps members perform at a high level so that they can achieve what matters most to them
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
American Family Fitness is seeking a Fitness Manager for our state-of-the-art location(s)
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides Members with memorable experiences by ensuring that all areas deliver consistent high-quality products with high-quality service in every transaction or interaction with Members and guests.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. These include: interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, rewarding and coaching employees, addressing employee and Member complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for goal setting, budget attainment, project achievements and overall team morale for departments under his/her supervision.
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills and education:
- Minimum of 2-years managing a personal training department for a large health club
- Proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional setting
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and hit budgets/goals
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly as well as passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Degree in field preferred (ex: Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology, Sports Management)
- Current national personal training certification
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- Salary: $35,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year Plus bonus and commission opportunities
AS A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN FAMILY FITNESS TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Free Nationally accepted Continuing Education Credits (CEC/CEU)
- Superior Benefits Package including medical and dental
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounts on American Family Fitness products and services
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
American Family Fitness is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://amfamfit.com/about-us/careers/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
American Family Fitness
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at American Family Fitness