Perform routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on equipment as scheduled
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab work accurately
- Draw blood from patient’s finger, ear lobe, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples
- Perform laboratory tests according to written instructions
- Inform physician of lab results; recognize abnormalities and notify physician
- Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures according to guidelines
- Order and stock supplies weekly
- Respond to all lab messages and call back requests; share responsibility of call back sheets
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Utilize lab software, microscope as well as any other lab equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.
- Collect specimen from the patient utilizing the approved equipment, sequence and procedure.
- Rotate among various clinical services such as lab, nursing and x-ray.
- Perform all drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance
- Treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Technician degree preferred
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 6 months- 1 year related experience or training