Global Corporate Services (GCS) provides customers with a range of payment solutions including Buyer Initiated Payment (BIP), vPayment, Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing Card and Business Travel programs to help companies around the world manage all facets of their business spending.
The Implementation Organization within GCS is responsible for the design, development and end-to-end project management and delivery of GCS payment and technology solutions for our clients. The team is responsible for identifying best in class program designs and enabling our clients' ability to transact quickly and effectively. Leveraging the American Express implementation methodology, the team seeks ways to expedite launch time while implementing value added solutions with a high degree of quality and customer satisfaction. The broader team of over 150 professionals spans three regions and providessupport at a local, regional and global level.
The Global Implementation Manager is a client-facing role, supporting our most complex US headquartered GCG and Large Market customers that are implementing new programs, expanding their existing programs or undergoing a merger/acquisition/divestiture globally. The Global Implementation Manager will lead Strategic global implementations and projects in multiple markets, conducting needs assessments, designing programs, and executing on the end-to-end project management to support client onboarding needs. This individual will work closely with business partners such as Regional/Local Implementations, Sales, AccountDevelopment and Global Servicing to grow and entrench relationships. The Manager will consult with the client on the offerings in each market, facilitate project calls, address open items, track progress, and close issues. Success in the role is measured by meeting our client's agreed upon go live date, error free delivery and a highly satisfactory on boarding experience with American Express. This position offers tremendous opportunity to make a big impact on our customer's experience at the company and Card Member level globally.
* Lead the end-to-end on boarding process for a portfolio of GCG and strategic Large Market global projects. Manage a project plan with targeted timelines.
* Monitor all aspects of a client implementation, utilizing critical path networks, check lists and tracking document exchange to ensure a successful implementation.
* Prepare global deployment strategy, conduct needs assessment and design programs which are implemented globally, driving growth and increased client satisfaction with the on boarding experience. Document and communicate program offerings, benefits and recommendations at the market, regional and global level. Understanding and communicating American Express process for set up; contractual, underwriting and compliance requirements and policy in other countries in order to deliver the expected outcome is critical.
* Partner with Regional/Local Implementation Managers on various projects and client engagements. Identify and communicate market level nuances, with a goal of driving a globally consistent experience across implementation projects, wherever possible.
* Actively participate and problem solve improvement of current processes - raising issues, identifying root causes and developing solutions.
* Proven project management skills; ability to facilitate change and manage complex information
* Strong collaborative skills, across client and American Express project team members in different business units
* Effective time management. Flexibility to conduct calls across time zones
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Embrace a global mindset; a desire to understand ways we conduct business inside and outside the U.S.
* Customer focus. Ability to advocate for our clients internally and externally
* Understanding US and Global Corporate Payment products and solutions - Buyer Initiated Payment, vPayment, Corporate Card and Purchasing Card preferred
* Bilingual preferred, but not required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Title: Global Implementation Manager
Requisition ID: 19015710