Get a first-class start to your travel industry career.
If you have a flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive 11-week, paid training and mentoring program, here's your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a leader in the travel industry?
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you've completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way in our call center:
* You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable experiences
* As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact-finding questions
* If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
* You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
* You take your understanding of new and existing product offerings, value proposition and relevance to the Card Member, to curate your recommendation
* At times, you will need to de-escalate a Card Member's stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
* You will always put the Card Member's experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
What you need to thrive:
* Proven ability to provide premium customer service
* Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierges/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles. Travel reservation experience is a plus
* A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
* Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
* Sufficient geography knowledge
* The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly evolving circumstances
* Confident computer skills are vital as you'll be using multiple tools and systems daily
* Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
* Executive presence
* Ability to collaborate in person with all levels of leadership
* Ability to thrive in a metric driven and team based environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
* The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
The Phoenix Service Center hours of operation are from 7:00a - 7:00p Monday - Sunday, 7 days a week. The scheduled for this class is 8:00a - 4:30p Tuesday - Saturday. Hours of operation could change do to business need.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: American Express - Travel Consultant/Customer Service - Travel Career Program - Phoenix
Requisition ID: 19018250