This is an Account Executive position within Global Client Group Account Development, focused on driving retention and growth within a defined portfolio of non-US HQ GCG customer. This is achieved through the development of a close relationship with the customer base and focused challenger / consultative selling, ensuring new opportunity identification and subsequent maximum account penetration.
Principal Accountabilities: Working within the Global Commercial Services Global Client Group, the objective of this role is to retain and grow the existing portfolio. This will be done through supporting the clients' local objectives by utilizing the full suite of GCS's products, services and reporting.
* Retaining and expanding the existing relationship across a defined set of non-US HQ GCG Accounts to achieve annual scorecard goals
* Focus is on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
* Growth and retention.
* Demonstration of strong "customer listening" and "challenger / consultative selling" skills to assist positioning and delivering the GCG value proposition
* Establish comprehensive Strategic Account Plans that align with the HQ strategy
In addition, the successful candidate will need to be able to position the full range of GCS products, drive T&E and B2B CV growth and services, demonstrating clear and differentiated client value thereby ensuring that the relationship is entrenched.
Day to day activities are, but not limited to, all aspects of corporate card program from new applications for expansion into existing accounts to understanding and pro-actively responding to the key drivers of attrition.
The successful candidate will interface with various levels and divisions of American Express and the client. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work across multiple levels within the client's organization in order to build and maintain business.
The role requires previous account management or sales experience and the ability to work with colleagues and internal departments and business units.
This position does not have direct reports.
* Achieving the charge volume growth and retention targets that contribute to the GCG organization
* Management of account profitability
* Overcoming customer objections and responding to customer raised issues.
* Develop strong effective relationships with key business partners in a virtual environment
* Independent self-management while maintaining strong productivity
* Drive for results, customer focus, strong relationship management skills, develop winning strategies strong planning.
* Strong speaking/listening and writing skills
* Highly organized
* Proven challenger / consultative selling skills
* Highly customer-focused and results-oriented
* Strong communication skills
* Strong "will to win"
* Strong negotiation skills
* Effective pipeline management
* Strong time and productivity management
* Relationship management experience, with a strong track record in retaining and growing business with clients.
* Highly self-motivated
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Account Executive - Global Client Group
Requisition ID: 20002110