Information Assurance Specialist
American Electronic Warfare Associates Patuxent, MD
- Expired: February 24, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, built on the premise of "Innovating Tomorrow's Solutions Today." We've created a close knit family culture focused on continual learning, professionalism and high-performance. Our customers give us praise for the quality of our product: our employees.
Come find out why.
AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented Information Assurance Specialist to support RLIST.
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Information Assurance Specialist. It qualifies for up to a $5,000 signing bonus; ask your Recruiter for details!
About the location: Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary's.
This position is not eligible for remote work; on-site support is required.
A typical day as an Information Assurance Specialist may include:
- Development of Risk Management Framework accreditation packages
- Work with system administrators and others supporting the continuous monitoring efforts
- Perform system audit log reviews
- Review ACAS and SCAP vulnerability data and make remediation effort recommendations
- Assist in the development of mitigation strategies for open POA&M findings.
- Monitor user accounts
- Coordinate with system administration team to ensure computer systems meet compliance requirements.
- Document maintenance, repair and test activities
- Perform QA evaluations to ensure compliance with technical orders and manufacturer specification sheets
- Maintain hardware configurations for all hardware.
- Assist with periodic vulnerability scans to assess and maintain system integrity and compliance.
- Provide existing Communication Tasking Order (CTO) compliance support for all devices.
- Assist Information Assurance Team in the generation and maintenance of RMF accreditation documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years' Information Assurance experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- DOD 8570 Required
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Operating System Training
- DoD Top Secret security clearance
AMEWAS, Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 no later than 8 December 2021. An employee will be considered fully vaccinated when at least two (2) weeks have elapsed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 series or at least two (2) weeks have elapsed after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Skills crucial to success at AMEWAS, Inc.:
Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion. Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets. Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical environment and working conditions:
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about sitting, walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to travel short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to report to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, overnight travel may be required.
Refer to a friend:
If you know someone who may be interested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and there may be more opportunities like this one here at AMEWAS, Inc.!
More about Us:
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran-run company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers' needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
It is the policy of AMEWAS, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Additionally, AMEWAS, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known or perceived disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 301-863-7102. Finally, AMEWAS, Inc. strictly follows guidelines regarding the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Be sure to check out the rest of our website at www.amewas.com for more information about our company, benefits & family!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Recognition program
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
American Electronic Warfare Associates
TechnologyView all jobs at American Electronic Warfare Associates