The Overnight Merchandising Associate is responsible for positively impacting the customer's experience by assisting in the implementation of floorset merchandise presentations. The Overnight Merchandising Associate is also accountable for the processing and placement of merchandise, execution of visual displays and windows, and post-floorset stockroom organization. The Overnight Merchandising Associate is expected to role model the AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Overnight Merchandising Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Management
STATUS: Part Time
- Recreate the merchandise presentation as illustrated in Company directed marketing and merchandising floorset documents.
- Maximize merchandise presentations by applying AEO visual standards when executing merchandising changes and updates.
- Ensure that defined product quantities are consistently presented.
- Execute assigned visual displays during floorsets as directed in company visual documents.
- Build window and upper displays, dress bustforms, and merchandise fixtures and walls.
- Maintain proper lighting in the store and windows to ensure merchandise is highlighted appropriately.
- Deliver proper sizing integrity, ensure availability of sizes, and appropriate size stickering.
- Adhere to uniform folding and hanging standards.
- Execute styling and detailing of all merchandise in accordance with the visual directives.
- Ensure all merchandise is signed correctly and according to Company directed marketing and merchandising updates.
- Identify potential merchandising opportunities and provide creative solutions to the store management team.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to meet after hours scheduling requirements.
- A minimum high school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous merchandising experience preferred.
- Proven ability to complete detailed execution of floorsets and/or display changes.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with sales leadership team and other associates.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work overnight shifts and weekends as required to complete assigned floorset tasks.
- Ability to lift cartons weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; bend, stretch and carry visual props, fixtures, and merchandise.
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions.
- Proficient with technology.