The main purpose of the Microsoft Systems Administrator II:
This position executes the daily operations and primary support of the Microsoft Environment. This position will assist and collaborate planning, installation and maintenance in a large Data Center environment. This position will also focus on testing and evaluating systems to eliminate problems make improvements, and will assist in the daily operations of IT Network/Storage related needs of the organization.
- Support infrastructure with expertise and fundamentals in a variety of concepts including:
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Windows 10
- Exchange Server 2016/2019
- SQL Server 2017/2019
- Active Directory
- Certificate Services
- Azure/Office 365/Exchange Online Administration
- SAN storage including Dell Data Domains, Pure Storage Flash Arrays, and EMC ECS and SAN storage switches a plus.
- Establish and maintain standards by supplying functional documentation, including diagramming, for cross training and support purposes as directed
- Review network activity logs and security system
- Works with end users, peers, and Tenants to resolve network hardware and connectivity issues
- Expertise with Azure and cloud security preferred.
- Active Directory Domain controller and local network Administration
- Job holder may be called upon to provide support for service issues or failures at any time.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Certifications
- Knowledge of Genetec Security Software
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup & Replication
- Linux Knowledge
- Must have a proven ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, and with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- System monitoring snmp/syslog/traps with Solarwinds is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related subject desired with 3-7 years of experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and credentials.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components